Mikiah Kreps is two wins away from a spot in the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
The Niagara Falls native won her second fight of USA Boxing's 2019 Last Chance Qualifier late Wednesday in Oxnard, California, advancing into the semifinals of the 19-woman, 125-pound Elite Female bracket.
Kreps, who is seeded seventh, opened the tournament with a unanimous decision victory over Mount Vernon, N.Y.'s Meagan Owen on Tuesday. She followed with another unanimous decision Wednesday, this time over Las Vegas fighter Karla Hall.
Up next is the third seed, Scottsdale, Arizona's Olivia Hendrickson, at noon today. With a win, Kreps would advance to take on either fifth-seeded Iyana Verduzco (Los Angeles) or eighth-seeded Erika Sanchez (Azusa, California) in the championship at noon Saturday.
To watch the fights live, visit www.teamusa.org/USA-Boxing/2019-Last-Chance-Qualifier.
Lutheran Basketball Association
• Aaron Davis scored 20 points — 10 in each half — to lead defending champion St. Mark (1-0) to an opening, 60-52 win over St. Paul I (0-1). Steve Fretthold added 13 points in the win while Joe Curry had 12.
Matt Bourque and Micah Puscheck had 13 points apiece to pace St. Paul I. Ben Ganschow posted a double-double with 12 points and 15 rebounds. Jon Puscheck also scored in double figures with 10 points.
• Jon Snell had 10 points and Ted Klettke chipped in nine more for Holy Ghost I (1-0) in a 41-39 victory against St. Paul II (0-1).
Kiel Davignon topped St. Paul II with 13 points, including eight after halftime. Carson Essenburg followed him with 11 points.
• Kasey Haseley helped Holy Ghost II (1-0) pick up a win in the Battle of Bergholz, scoring 13 points against St. James (0-1) in a 63-41 decision. Jake Hughes (11 points) and Noah Klettke (10) also finished in double figures in the win.
Justin DeVantier scored 12 of his 14 points after halftime in the loss.
NF over 50
• Tim Buchman had a goal and four assists while Mike Corsaro scored twice as the Kings topped the Flyers, 5-3. Mark Seider added a goal and two assists and Phil Basinski also scored in the win.
Randy Retzlaff, Dave Woodley and Vince LoTempio all scored for the Flyers, with the Seelbinders, Kevin and Randy, dishing two assists apiece.
• Guido Virtuoso posted five points, scoring twice and tallying three assists to help the Bruins double the Sabres, 6-3. Rob Nashwinter (2 goals) and Mark Brand (1+1) had two-point nights, with Geary Yarnes netting the other goal.
Chris Brocius potted a pair in the loss. Jeff Ceier scored the other.
• Mark Kupiec (2+1) and Jeff Benham (1+2) had three-point games for the Rangers in a 6-3 win over the Wild. Brian Loliger scored twice, Louie Zaninovich had two assists and Tim Petkovsky had a goal in the win.
Tim Franklemont (1+2) and Dave Kozlowski (0+3) matched Kupiec and Benham with three points each for the Wild. Joe Simonick scored twice.
• Scott Miller scored twice, Scott Boyko had a goal and an assist, and Armand DeBan dished two helpers in the Leafs' 5-3 win over the Canadiens. Chris Salada and Dave Fronczak also scored in the victory.
Dave Gilmet had a goal and an assist to lead the Habs. Mark Procknal and Rich Quigg also scored in the win.
• STANDINGS: Rangers, 11 points; Wild, 10 points; Sabres, 9 points; Flyers, 7 points; Bruins, 6 points; Kings, 6 points; Canadiens, 5 points; Leafs, 2 points.