KemperSports has hired Brady Clendening to serve as general manager for Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course in Lewiston, it announced with a press release Thursday.
In this role, Clendening is responsible for all facets of operations and the guest experiences at the premium course.
“We are excited to welcome Brady to KemperSports,” Steve Skinner, KemperSports CEO, said in a release. “His experience in the golf industry and local market knowledge make him a great fit at Seneca Hickory Stick.”
Clendening is a 25-year golf industry veteran and has been a PGA Class A member for more than 13 years. Prior to joining KemperSports, he served as general manager and director of golf at Brierwood Country Club in Hamburg.
Hyde Park GC
Gary Corsaro Jr. carded three birdies to post a round of 74 to have the low scratch score in the A flight of the Hyde Park Golf Tournament sponsored by Joey's Pizzeria. The low scratch score in the B flight was Dave Ross (81) while C flight was Gerry Bane (95).
The handicap divisions were won by Rich Horn, A flight 71 (77); Dan O'Callahan Jr., B flight 64 (76); and Joe Vitello, C flight 68 (83).
River Oaks GC
Steve Kopf and Eric Hajnos teamed up to take the 2019 Men's Member-Member championship, shooting a 63-143=206.
Other flight winners were as follows: Pebble Beach — Jon Albertsson and Bob Stolfo, 215; Winged Foot — Russ Certo and Jim Masiello, 211; and Torrey Pines — Brian Cory and Mike Ivancic, 215.
Jay Collier (Lockport Town & Country Club) took second in the 2019 Buffalo District Golf Association Senior Match Play Championship this weekend at Lancaster Country Club.
Collier was down one heading into the 18th hole and forced a playoff by dropping a 40-foot birdie.
Hyde Park GC
Laura Scaletta (82), Mary Ann Storr (84) and Henri Ingham (98) captured flights A, B and C in the Thursday Ladies 18-hole league's Members Memorial Tournament, sponsored by Armand Cerrone, Inc.
Low putts went to Darlene Adams and Angela Randazzo (A), Maimie Volpe (B) and Ingham (C).
WNY PGA Jr. Tour
• Anthony Delisani (Sanborn) took the Boys 16-18 division of this week's event at Gowanda Country Club, shooting a 1-over 73. Ian Wagner (Medina) placed third with a 3-over 75.
Ryan Edholm (Tonawanda) tied for first in the boys 13-15 division, carding a 4-over 76.
• Emily Kase (North Tonawanda) won the girls 16-18 division this weekend at Elkdale Country Club, carding a 12-over 82.
Adam Perry, Jonathan Touma and Anthony Littere combined on a four-hitter, striking out 13 as the NF Rapids handled Lou Gehrig White, 9-3.
Perry and Littere led the offense with two hits apiece while Mason Malaney and Cole Walton both had RBIs in the win.
NF City Majors
• Derek McIntyre had three hits, including a two-run home run, to lead Whirlpool's JA Brundage Yankees over Midtown's Wellness Pharmacy Phillies, 15-5.
Anthony Littere and Matthew McConeghy each also had two hits in the win, with Littere driving in four. Payton Hutchinson and Mason Malaney combined for a two-hitter with seven strikeouts on the mound.
John Steinbroner was the top Midtown player, lacing a double.
• Jarek Capton tossed a no-no, striking out 12 as Midtown's Village Gate Red Sox bested Hyde Park's Cafarella Concrete Wolverines, 5-2.
J.T. Cunningham and Kyree Edwards had hits for the Red Sox.
Les Nassoiy League
• Sam Lebold and Tom O'Donnell of ITI Rental Properties beat Sammy's Eric Scheffler and Jamps McNamara, 7-6, 6-2.
• The Rainforest Cafe duo of Larry Geracitano and Aditya Varanasi took their match against Steven's Insurance' s John Schriner and Les Sniezek, 6-1, 7-5.