Man faces kiddie porn charge
A three-year investigation has led to the arrest of a Niagara Falls, Ontario, man on child pornography charges.
Terrence Blatchley, 44, of Sharon Avenue, is charged with one count each of possession of child pornography, distribution of child pornography and making child pornography available.
Members of the Internet Child Exploitation Unit, the Technological Crime Unit and the Niagara Falls Uniform Branch of the Niagara Regional Police executed a search warrant at Blatchley’s home Wednesday and seized a quantity of computer components and other evidence. Investigators say the evidence shows that Blatchley possessed, distributed and made child pornography available on the Internet.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2400 block of LaSalle Avenue. A 29-year-old man told officers he discovered at 5:37 a.m. Friday that someone had entered his garage by breaking a window. The victim said two speakers were taken.
• HARASSMENT: Russell Jackman III, 17, 337 Bay St., was charged Thursday night with second-degree aggravated harassment. A Maple Road man told deputies Jackman called and threatened him because he had heard the man was saying bad things about Jackman’s girlfriend. Jackman allegedly said, “I am going to pound your face in, and if you tell another person, then I’m going to pound the living (expletive) out of you.” He also allegedly said, “If you lie to me one more time, I’m going to beat your (expletive) face in.” Jackman was released on an appearance ticket and is due Feb. 24 in Wilson Town Court.
This Week's Circulars
- Joe Mihalich, sharp as ever, grateful as he recovers from major stroke
- County officials sound off after Erie executive takes swipe at Niagara
- Sullivan: From COVID to Josh Allen, Bills' losses raising issues
- Bitcoin mining comes to the Falls
- Freedom Run Winery is for sale in Lockport
- Niagara County makes $3M commitment to law enforcement academy
- BLOTTER: Police reports for Nov. 26
- Sheriff calls out criminal justice reforms after chase
- Teens get prison terms for role in fatal 2020 fire
- No jail time in Lewiston sexual abuse and rape case