Court Thursday for Wilson teens
Three Wilson teens charged with an assault on a school bus are due in Wilson Town Court Thursday.
Colton J. Sherman and Christopher A. Sidote, both 16, and Geoffrey A. Seefeldt, 18, are accused of assaulting at least two junior varsity players during an April 17 bus trip back to Wilson from Niagara Falls.
Seefeldt is charged with three counts of third-degree aggravated sexual abuse and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.
Sherman and Sidote are charged with one count each of third-degree aggravated sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Board reverses decision on election
After voting earlier this month to hold a referendum on the tax receiver position during November’s general election, the Wheatfield Town Board reversed its decision Monday night.
As a result, town voters will cast their ballots in a special election Oct. 7 on whether they want to keep the tax receiver position or eliminate it in a move that Supervisor Tim Demler says could save approximately $11,000.
The board held a public hearing on the issue July 7, during which three residents strongly objected to Demler’s desire to hold a special election in September.
Despite Demler’s objections, board members after the public hearing voted to change the election to Nov. 4, which would have meant voters would be electing a candidate to the job while also deciding whether the position should be eliminated.
The October special election will take place from noon to 9 p.m. at a polling location yet to be determined, Demler said.
This Week's Circulars
Memorial Services will be Monday 4PM in the American Legion Post 923 Niagara Ave. Arrangements by WILLIAMSON FUNERAL HOME 635 MAIN STREET.
Visitation on Thursday, June 17, 2021, from 4-7 PM at the RHONEY FUNERAL HOME, 5893 Hoover Road, Sanborn, with Funeral Services at 7:00 PM. Flowers gratefully declined. Memorials to Pets Alive WNY, 7007 Campbell Blvd., North Tonawanda 14120. Visit rhoneyfuneralhome.com.
- Suspect who nearly ran over Falls detective arrested
- Falls man driving more than 100 mph on Boulevard faces felony charges
- Former Mayor Vince Anello remembered
- Woman with loaded gun arrested during stabbing investigation
- Niagara Falls man arraigned on assault and weapons charges
- Former Lockport, YSU football star Randy Smith donates trophies
- BLOTTER: Police reports for June 8
- Woman faces charges after driving into city fire truck
- Demos: Not goodbye, just see you later
- Former MLB pick, NU baseball star's daughter shining for R-H