Five community leaders were honored Friday by Niagara University for their “extraordinary professional success and remarkable community philanthropy.”
Honored during the university’s President’s Dinner at the Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls were:
• Jeffrey R. Holzschuh, ‘82, managing director and chairman, Morgan Stanley Institutional Securities Group; chair, Niagara University Board of Trustees;
• Mary Helen Holzschuh, ‘82, former nurse; philanthropist;
• William G. Gisel Jr., president and chief executive officer, Rich Products Corp.;
• Bishop Jesse J. Scott Sr., co-founder and senior pastor, Word of Life Ministries and
• the Rev. JoAnne Scott, co-founder and associate pastor, Word of Life Ministries.
Larry A. Montani, a member of Niagara University’s Board of Trustees, and his wife, Mary, as the dinner’s chair couple.
Proceeds from the President’s Dinner benefit Niagara University’s scholarship programs. Last year’s dinner raised a net total of $210,000 for student scholarships. In accordance with its mission-guided commitment to access and affordability, Niagara granted more than $44 million in scholarship assistance to undergraduate students in 2016-2017.