Police are investigating a theft from Duane Avenue. An employee of a business told officers that sometime between Oct. 5 and 9:56 a.m. Wednesday, someone removed a check valve and six feet of copper tubing from a propane tank at the side of his employer’s building.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 8400 block of Buffalo Avenue. A 21-year-old man told police that sometime between 12:30 and 10 a.m. Wednesday, someone broke into his home through an unlocked patio door. The victim said some cash and an iPod were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Augustus Place. A 62-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 8:20 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, someone entered her home through an unlocked door. The victim said a 32-inch TV was taken.
• SHOOTING: Officers are looking into a shooting incident in the 400 block of 24th Street. An employee of a mini mart told police he was at work at 6:11 p.m. Wednesday when he heard two loud bangs and glass breaking. Officers observed what appeared to be a bullet hole in a window of the store. Witnesses said they saw a male suspect shoot at another man who was standing in front of the store.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of 81st Street. A 45-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, someone broke into her home through an unlocked window. The victim said a laptop computer, a touch pad, an Xbox 360 games system, a Wii game system, a necklace and some cash were taken.
• ASSAULT: Officers are looking into an assault in the 1800 block of Niagara Avenue. A 48-year-old man told police he was standing in line at a convenience store at 2 a.m. Thursday, when a man, standing behind him, hit him in the head with a tire iron.