- THEFT: Police are investigating a car break-in in the 9500 block of Cayuga Drive. A 49-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 10:30 and 11 a.m. Thursday, someone broke into her 1997 Ford Explorer by smashing a rear passenger side window. The victim said a sound system and a DVD player were taken.
- BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 600 block of Third Street. A 48-year-old man told police that sometime between 11:10 p.m. Wednesday and 2 p.m. Thursday, someone managed to enter his home through a door, without forcing it open. The victim said a 19-inch TV with a remote, a compact disc player, 35 compact discs, a Walkman and $90 was taken.
- LARCENY: The principal of Edward Town Middle School told deputies Tuesday morning that someone stole two Dell computers from computer carts between February and June. The report said they were valued at $2,092.
- DRUGS: Vincent D. Conrad, 19, 3050 New Road, Ransomville, and Joshua D. Talun, 17, 848A Robin Road Apt. E, Amherst, were charged Thursday morning with unlawful possession of marijuana and endangering the welfare of a child. A deputy approached a car that had pulled into a church parking lot on Lake Street. The report said he smelled marijuana smoke coming from the car. Marijuana, two scales and pipes were found in the car and on Conrad and Talun. A 14-year-old girl and a 15-year-old girl also were in the car; they were released to their parents. Conrad and Talun were held in lieu of $500 bail. They will appeal July 11 in Wilson Town Court.
- CRIMINAL MISCHIEF: A Cambria-Wilson Road man told deputies Wednesday that someone had thrown a cinder block through the front windshield of his 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo while it was parked at his home. The estimated damage was $350, the report said.
- LARCENY: A Town of Niagara man told deputies Tuesday night that someone stole $800 from his car. He said he had parked his car near Diez Road and left it unlocked with the windows down. The report said a van had been parked at the end of the road, and when the man said he would call the police, the van left.
City of Lockport
- UNDERAGE DRINKING: George L. Ralph, 93 Waterman St., Apt. 3, was charged Thursday morning with underage possession of alcohol. Police responded to High Street twice for a report of a person climbing up a fire escape to get on the roof. Ralph was nearby and his breath allegedly smelled of alcohol. The report said Ralph said he had been drinking and didn’t think it was a problem. He will appear Tuesday in Lockport City Court.
Town of Lockport
- FORGERY: Michael D. Zavarella, 27, 1336 Willowbrook Drive, was charged Thursday with fourth-degree grand larceny and second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument. Zavarella reportedly stole seven checks from a relative and cashed them. The report said a total of $1,115 was taken.
- DWI: Paul T. Cosentino, 33, 563 Meadowbrook Drive, North Tonawanda, was charged Thursday morning with DWI and for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle. A deputy was responding to an accident and allegedly passed a car that did not stop for him. The report said the car was found on Beech Ridge Road. Cosentino reportedly smelled of alcohol and slurred his speech. He failed several field sobriety tests and refused to take a breath test. Cosentino was held on $250 bail and will appear July 11 in Pendleton Town Court.