• ARREST: A North Carolina man was arrested after an encounter with police. Jon Bradley Ellington, 34, 503 Greenwood Drive, High Point, N.C., was charged with false personation and first-degree loitering. Officers said they stopped Ellington to question him after seeing him in the area of 13th Street and LaSalle Avenue at 7:59 a.m. Monday. Police said the area is known for drug activity. Ellington gave officers a fake name when he was stopped and then became confrontational with them.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drug and theft charges. Antoine D. Hudson, 26, 620 17th St., Apt. 150, was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and unlawful possession of marijuana. Hudson was stopped at Hyde Park Boulevard and Forest Avenue at 1:30 p.m. Monday after he was spotted by his victim driving a stolen car. He also had a small quantity of marijuana in his possession at the time of his arrest.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a car break in in the 5600 block of Frontier Avenue. A 30-year-old man told officers that sometime between 1:30 and 10 a.m. Monday someone broke into his 1992 Chevy van by forcing open a door window. The victim said a compact disc player, a satellite radio and a small TV were taken.
• DWI: Michael Paul Iwanicki, 40, 1420 Watkins Ave., Utica, was charged Sunday morning with driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right after a traffic stop on Upper Mountain Road. Deputies reported seeing Iwanicki’s car swerving over the center line while going 10 mph in a 45 mph zone. Iwanicki failed several field sobriety tests and registered a 0.12 percent blood alcohol content level on a breath test. He is being held in lieu of $250 bail and is due today in Lewiston Town Court.
• LARCENY: An Ontario Street woman reported Saturday afternoon that someone used her debit card information to purchase $219.37 worth of merchandise from Dell computers.
• LARCENY: A Niagara Falls Boulevard man reported Friday morning that overnight, someone stole an air conditioning unit from where it was sitting on the ground outside his home. The unit, which weighed about 1,000 pounds, was worth $4,500, the report said.
City of Lockport
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Gino A. Fascitelli, 36, 111 Cottage St., Apt. 4, was charged Monday morning with disorderly conduct. Fascitelli was stopped by officers for walking in the middle of Locust Street. Fascitelli was reportedly intoxicated and became verbally abusive toward the officers. He was released on his own recognizance and is due Wednesday in Lockport City Court.
• PETIT LARCENY: Michael Shawn Clines, 41, 127 Harvey Ave., Apt. 2, was charged Monday morning with petit larceny. Clines allegedly stole four packages of Heluva Good extra sharp cheddar cheese, valued at $3.09 each, from a store on South Transit Street on Sunday. He was arrested on Park Avenue on Monday morning. Clines was released on his own recognizance and is due June 13 in Lockport City Court.
Town of Lockport
• GRAND LARCENY: A Sunset Road woman reported Saturday night that she had six people over on May 29 for a small party. During the party, she showed one guest a 1.5 karat diamond she had that she was interested in selling. She returned the diamond to its box, but the next day, it was missing. The diamond is valued at $7,600, the report said.
• HARASSMENT: Hasaan B. Ball, 16, 6395 Old Niagara Road, was charged Sunday morning with second-degree harassment. Ball allegedly punched another student in the face at the Wyndham Lawn Home. He was released on an appearance ticket and is due today in Lockport Town Court.