• THEFT: Police are investigating a car break-in in the 600 block of Fourth Street. A 38-year-old woman told officers that she heard noise outside her building at 5:25 p.m. Tuesday and looked out a window in time to see a man taking items out of her 2005 SAAB. The suspect had smashed one of the car’s passenger-side windows. A briefcase and a GPS system were taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 500 block of Third Street. A 25-year-old woman told police that sometime between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into her vehicle by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said an empty bag was taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a truck break-in in the 500 block of Fifth Street. A 25-year-old man told officers that sometime between 5 p.m. Monday and 6 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into his Dodge Dakota pickup truck by forcing open a passenger-side window. The victim said 75 CDs and a car stereo system were taken.
City of Lockport
• LARCENY: A Lock Street woman reported Monday that overnight, someone stole a brand new Evenflo car seat/stroller, which was still in the box, from the unlocked common hallway of her apartment building. The car seat/stroller is worth $239.
• LARCENY: Kelly M. Wisniewski, 28, 428 Nevins St., Dunkirk, was charged Monday afternoon with petit larceny. Wisniewski allegedly tried to shoplift several items, together worth $256.47, from Rite Aid on South Transit Street. Employees detained Wisniewski at the store. Wisniewski is being held in lieu of $300 bail and is due today in Lockport City Court.
Town of Lockport
• LARCENY: An employee of Midas on South Transit Road reported Monday morning that over the weekend, someone stole the hood from a 1997 Saturn while it was parked in the lot. The hood is worth $500.