Court sig

Randy Colucci, a Falls man convicted in the death of his 22-month-old daughter in 2010, pleaded guilty Monday to possessing child pornography involving a prepubescent minor.

Colucci's arrest follows two years of plea negotiations and investigation.

In April 2017, a Homeland Security agent, working undercover, discovered multiple videos and images of child pornography being shared on a peer-to-peer website. Investigators determined the IP address connected to the files related to one utilized by Colucci, 34, and executed a search warrant on Colucci's 22nd St. home the following June.

Officers recovered a laptop and hard drive containing images of children less than 10 years old, including children being subjected to violent sexual assaults.

Colucci was arrested in April 2018 and freed on a $15,000 signature bond, posted by his mother and sister.

Prosecutors had been facing a deadline to either indict Colucci or have the charges against him dismissed. In an earlier court filing the Federal Public Defenders Office revealed that "the government (had) provided an approved plea agreement," for Colucci, but the office did not reveal the proposed terms of the offer.

But after four adjournments to allow public defenders to meet with Colucci and review the evidence in the case against him, and the proposed plea agreement, prosecutors moved to indict him.

Last week, Colucci was finally indicted by a federal grand jury in Buffalo on multiple counts of receipt and possession of child pornography. As a result of his guilty plea, Colucci could face up to 20 years in federal prison and up to $250,000 in fines.

Colucci was paroled from Attica State Prison in 2017, after serving almost six years of a three- to nine-year sentence for the death of his daughter, Carmen. Colucci was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter, and pleaded guilty in January 2011 to the latter charge.

Falls police were called to a home Colucci shared with his then wife on March 31, 2010, after Carmen was discovered with her head lodged between a mattress and the top of a portable playpen. She died a week later from the injuries she suffered.

Detectives said their investigation showed that Carmen was “put in a (portable playpen) with her 12-month-old brother, with a twin mattress on top of the playpen and a TV on top of the mattress to keep the children from getting out.”

The Coluccis did not check on the two young children for 17 hours.