• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after he led police on a brief chase through the Pine Avenue business district at 12:20 a.m. Wednesday. Dartanyon T. Robinson, 23, 565 1/2 Tronolone Place, Apt. 3, was charged with second-degree reckless endangerment, third-degree fleeing from a police officer, unlawful possession of marijuana, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, passing a red light, improper passing, fail to use designated lane, move from lane unsafely, imprudent speed, failure to signal, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, reckless driving and leaving a motor vehicle unattended. Police said they attempted to stop Robinson after he failed to stop at a red light at Pine Avenue and 10th Street. Robinson fled in the vehicle and then jumped from the moving car in the 400 block of Sixth Street. Officers said the car narrowly missed hitting several pedestrians as it continued to roll down the street. Police were eventually able to stop the car and turn off the engine. Officers then found 2 grams of marijuana inside the vehicle. Police then located Robinson as he was running through the backyards of homes in the area and took him into custody.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a disturbance in the 8200 block of Troy Avenue at 2 a.m. Wednesday. Joshua R. Smeal, 36, 8238 Troy Ave., was charged with disorderly conduct.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 7200 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 11:39 a.m. Wednesday. Joshua C. Justus, 30, 4500 Isherwood Drive, was charged with petit larceny. He is accused of taking more than $112 worth of merchandise without paying for the items.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating a robbery in the 500 block of Ferry Avenue. A 64-year-old man told officers that he was working as a clerk in a store when a male suspect entered and demanded money. The victim said the suspect appeared to be armed with a grey semi-automatic handgun. The suspect and the victim began fighting and the gun was dropped. After a scuffle that resulted in injuries to both men, the suspect was able to pick up his gun and run from the store.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car theft in the 600 block of 22nd Street. A 56-year-old woman told police she pulled her 2003 BMW into her driveway at 10:42 p.m. Wednesday and left the car running. When she returned, about 20 minutes later, the vehicle was gone. The victim was ticketed for leaving a vehicle unattended.