John K. Wohlheiter, 72, of Niagara Falls, NY passed away May 29, 2009 at Mt. St. Mary’s Hospital. Born on July 8, 1936 in Mifflinburg, PA, he was the son of the late John A. and Mary (Ross) Wohlheiter. John was predeceased by his wife of 37 years, Louise A. Catalano, in 1993. John moved to Niagara Falls in 1956 and married Louise on September 22, 1956. He was employed by the NYS Power Authority. John and Louise operated a family owned dry cleaning business in the early 60’s. He was employed at Union Carbide National for 22 years as an electrician and later with the Love Canal Area Revitalization Association. He was also employed by We Care Transportation. John was a retired lifetime member of the Frontier Volunteer Fire Company and a member of the Zimmerman-Yoder VFW Post 1964 in Mifflinburg, PA. John enjoyed traveling to Mifflinburg several times a year to visit his family. He also enjoyed camping, hunting, gun raffles and spending time with his Lhasa Apso dog, “Monkey”. Mr. Wohlheiter is survived by a long time companion, Doreen LeVick of Niagara Falls, NY; two daughters, Deborah R. Plumeri of Grand Island, NY and Judith E. Fitzgerald of Las Vegas, NV; sisters, Wilma Agrow of New Columbia, PA, Bonita Wargo of Milton, PA; a brother, Harold Wohlheiter, of Mifflinburg, PA. He was predeceased by sisters, Margaret (Charles) Hanselman of Mifflinburg, PA and Ruth (Donald) Walls, of Mifflinburg, PA. He had three granddaughters, Justina Louise Fitzgerald, Danielle Teresa Fitzgerald and Dyllan MacKenzie Fitzgerald; also survived by several nieces and nephews. Mr. Wohlheiter made an anatomical donation to the University of Buffalo in hopes to help others. A memorial service will be held and announced at a later date. Contributions may be made to the Family of John Wohlheiter. Visit www.legacy.com/niagara-gazette for on-line guest register.
John K. Wohlheiter
This Week's Circulars
- Falls Tim Hortons worker hospitalized following assault
- Falls police charge two adults, one teen in Tim Hortons assault
- Sabato: DeAndre Hopkins is worth pursuing, but Bills can't bend on price
- Suspects identified in Tim Hortons assault case
- Ryan Birchard’s NCCC success leads to choice between D-I scholarship or MLB draft
- Falls Tim Hortons where attack occurred changing hours for 'foreseeable future'
- Nix says politics motivated DEC visit at his industrial property
- Starpoint crowns eight individual champions, sweeps Class A sectional meet
- Rocco Randazzo aiming for state title to close Lew-Port career
- Man flown to ECMC after he's pinned by overturned tractor
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.