The kazoo is believed to be the only musical instrument to be invented and produced in the United States. Today, the Eden factory produces the only American-made metal version.
IF YOU GO
• WHAT: The Original Kazoo Co.
• WHERE: 8703 S. Main St., Eden
• HOURS: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday
• MORE INFORMATION: Call 992-3960 or visit edenkazoo.com
1. Your best bet might be to go Wednesday-Friday if possible. On those days, crews make kazoos, so visitors can see the instruments being made on the original equipment. There’s also a make your own kazoo station available.
2. Groups of more than six people should call ahead to make an appointment for a guided tour.