Niagara Gazette — The Lew-Port Rams fell to Clarence Silver, 21-6, in the Super Bowl game of the Niagara Youth Football League’s 100-pound division.
Jalen Duff rushed for 120 yards while Spencer Reisman ran for 112 yards and the Rams’ only touchdown of the game.
On defense, Reisman, Matt Brown, Robert Woods, Justin Dillon and Zak Medecigo combined for 32 tackles.
• Patsy Desimone scored two goals as the Leafs defeated the Bruins, 6-2, in the Niagara Falls Alumni Over-40 League.
Also scoring for the Leafs were Pat Brown, Jim Heft, Pete Seefeldt and Gary Brennan. Whitey Krolewski and Hank Hughes had two assists each. For the Bruins, Frank Mannarino and Don Tomczak scored the goals.
• Daver Guillams had two goals and on assist to lead the Hawks over the Canadiens, 6-4. John Evert had a goal and an assist, while Dave Fields, Bill Burns and Dan Meterko had the Hawks’ other goals. Scoring for the Canadiens were Terry Tempest, Jerry Bucholtz, Bob Morreale and Mike Kurilovich. Paul McCarthy had three assists.
• In the Tuesday Night Over 30 league, Chris McCune had two goals to lead Design Department over Judi’s Lounge #1, 4-3. Sam Ballsitto and Tim Ball also scored for Design Department. Scoring for Judi’s were Bill Vivian, Rich Sherer and Steve Scalise.
• Bucky Burleigh had two goals and an assist as Judi’s Lounge #2 defeated AAA Timberline, 5-3. Will Orsotta, Chris Rechin and John McCune also scored for Judi’s. Dan Carlson, Rich Jenkins and Joe Marra scored for AAA Timberline.
• Marin’s Construction edged Niagara National, 6-5, with Paul Labonte and Jum Kuryak scoring two goals each for the winners. Dan Diez and Sean Rogers also scored for Marin’s. Gordie Wojton and Jeff Wozniak both scored twice for Niagara National. Jim Berrigan added a goal and Gerald Frazier had four assists.
• Steve Goddard, Mike Tolli and Jim Piasecki scored to lift Mister B’s over the Gold Leafs, 3-1. Dave Clark had the lone goal for the Leafs.
Jack Mankowski’s goal late in the third period lifted the Niagara Junior Purple Eagles Squirt Minor travel hockey team to a 1-1 tie with the Erie Lions.
Aidan Robins got the assist on Mankowski’s goal. Goaltender Michael Foglia made 13 saves.