Niagara Gazette — • Opening day of woodcock season through Nov. 14. Daily limit is three birds.
• Niagara Musky Association will hold their monthly meeting at Eldridge Club, 17 Broad St., Tonawanda starting at 7 p.m.
• Brauer’s Restaurant Fishing Club monthly meeting on Campbell Blvd., Pendleton starting at 8 p.m. New members are welcome.
• Monthly meeting of the WNY chapter of the Safari Club International at Michael’s Banquet Facility, Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg starting at 7 p.m.
• General membership meeting, Tonawandas Sportsmen’s club, 5657 Killian Road, Pendleton. Call 692-2161 for more information.
• Middleport Rod and Gun Club, Mountain and Freeman Roads, Middleport will be holding a Sportsman Tailgate Sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will also be holding a chowder sale. Call 772-2207 for more info.
• The Birth of a Wonder presentation at Artpark State Park, Lewiston from 1-3:30 pm. Call 282-5154 for info and registration.
• Chautauqua Lake Kayak Adventure at Long Point State Park from 9-11 am. Call 549-1050 for info and registration.
Weekend of Oct. 12-14
• Youth Firearms Deer Hunting Weekend through Monday, Columbus Day. For licensed junior hunters ages 14 and 15. Junior hunters must be accompanied by a licensed adult. Consult the DEC website at www.dec.ny.gov for complete details.
• Youth waterfowl hunting weekend for the Western Zone (Saturday and Sunday) for junior hunters ages 12 to 15 with licensed adults. Consult the DEC website at www.dec.ny.gov for all the details.
• Youth pheasant hunt weekend in Western NY. Contact DEC for details at www.dec.ny.gov.Bill Hilts Jr. is an outdoor writer with the Niagara Tourism and Convention Corporation. Contact him at email@example.com.