Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• WHEATFIELD NITRO: Wheatfield Nitro is holding tryouts this evening at 6 p.m. for experienced travel softball players. The team has a core of six players from its Metro North Division championship 10U team moving up to the 12U squad. The tryout takes place at Fairmount Park Diamond #3. For more information, call Bob Quider at 716-867-0931.
• CAYUGA HEAT: The Cayuga Heat is holding second rounds of tryouts for several of its teams. The Cayuga Heat 11U hosts its second tryout session Saturday, August 31 at 10 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 12U team will be held Thursday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m. followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 2 p.m. The Heat 13U team will host its second round of tryouts Saturday, August 24 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 1 p.m. The Heat program is also looking for interested candidates to coach boys travel teams in the 9U and 14U divisions. For more information, call Chris Cardona at 716-807-4868.
• CAYUGA HEAT 9U: The Cayuga Heat 9U team is having a tryout this Thursday, August 29 at 6 p.m. at the 91st Street fields. For more information, call Derek at 471-1595.
• HYDE PARK FALL BASEBALL: Hyde Park will host its second annual Fall Baseball program for players ages 7 to 12. Games will be played at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning mid August and continuing through mid October. The cost per child is $50.00 and spaces are limited. For more information, call Jason at 799-2170 or Eric at 940-4998. You can also email questions to email@example.com and learn more online at www.hydeparkbaseball.com.
• BOWL-O-DROME JUNIORS: Bowl-O-Drome is holding registration for Junior bowlers this Thursday, August 29, from 5 to 7 p.m. This season’s Saturday leagues are as follows: Tiny Tots at 10:20 a.m., Prep Mixed at 10:20 a.m., Bumpers at 10:30 a.m., Jr. Mixed at 12:30 p.m. and Jr. Classic at 2 p.m. The Classic league offers a scholarship opportunity for League High Average Scratch and League High Average Handicap. Bowlers who appear at Thursday’s registration will receive one free game as well as a complimentary slice of pizza and soft drink. Leagues begin Saturday, September 7. New bowlers will also receive a complimentary game. For more information, call 716-282-5696.