Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• WHEATFIELD NITRO: Wheatfield Nitro is holding tryouts this evening at 6 p.m. for experienced travel softball players. The team has a core of six players from its Metro North Division championship 10U team moving up to the 12U squad. The tryout takes place at Fairmount Park Diamond #3. For more information, call Bob Quider at 716-867-0931.
• CAYUGA HEAT: The Cayuga Heat is holding second rounds of tryouts for several of its teams. The Cayuga Heat 11U hosts its second tryout session Saturday, August 31 at 10 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 12U team will be held Thursday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m. followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 2 p.m. The Heat 13U team will host its second round of tryouts Saturday, August 24 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 1 p.m. The Heat program is also looking for interested candidates to coach boys travel teams in the 9U and 14U divisions. For more information, call Chris Cardona at 716-807-4868.
• CAYUGA HEAT 9U: The Cayuga Heat 9U team is having a tryout this Thursday, August 29 at 6 p.m. at the 91st Street fields. For more information, call Derek at 471-1595.
• HYDE PARK FALL BASEBALL: Hyde Park will host its second annual Fall Baseball program for players ages 7 to 12. Games will be played at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning mid August and continuing through mid October. The cost per child is $50.00 and spaces are limited. For more information, call Jason at 799-2170 or Eric at 940-4998. You can also email questions to email@example.com and learn more online at www.hydeparkbaseball.com.
• BOWL-O-DROME JUNIORS: Bowl-O-Drome is holding registration for Junior bowlers this Thursday, August 29, from 5 to 7 p.m. This season’s Saturday leagues are as follows: Tiny Tots at 10:20 a.m., Prep Mixed at 10:20 a.m., Bumpers at 10:30 a.m., Jr. Mixed at 12:30 p.m. and Jr. Classic at 2 p.m. The Classic league offers a scholarship opportunity for League High Average Scratch and League High Average Handicap. Bowlers who appear at Thursday’s registration will receive one free game as well as a complimentary slice of pizza and soft drink. Leagues begin Saturday, September 7. New bowlers will also receive a complimentary game. For more information, call 716-282-5696.
LADIES OF TAN TARA: The Ladies of Tan Tara Golf Club will be holding their Fall Member/Member “Frog Hair Open” on Sept. 7 a 1 p.m. followed by dinner and prizes. The theme is green. The event, led by the committee of Terry DeLuca, Diane Charsley, Lindley Bowen and Joanne Klenk, will raise money to support the Life Transitions Center. For more information, call the pro shop at 694-6954.
• BUFFALO YOUTH LACROSSE: Buffalo Youth Lacrosse is now registering boys for their Fall Ball and Winter Indoor Classic. Both programs are open to boys between the ages of 7 and 14 from all over Western New York. Fall Ball begins Saturday, Sept. 7. BYL’s programs are designed to develop skills and strategy in game situations. Financial aid is available. For more information, call Chris at (716) 939-9031 or log on to www.buffaloyouthlacrosse.com.
• NWAA TRYOUTS: The Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletic Soccer Club is continuing tryouts for the NWAA U16 Galaxy boys travel team today & tomorrow. For more details, email Rich Crossley at nwaasoccer@roadrunner or call (716) 583-0633.
• NWAA GALAXY: The U16 Division A Galaxy will be hosting tryouts today, tomorrow and Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the soccer fields at Niagara Wheatfield High School. The program is currently open to all U9, U10, U11, U12, U14, U15 and U16 boys, as well as U11 and U13 girls interested in playing travel soccer in the Niagara Wheatfield and surrounding area. Interested families can find out more and register online at www.nwaasports.net.
• NIAGARA PAL: Open tryouts for the Niagara PAL girls 16U travel team will begin Sunday, September 15 followed by another round on Sunday, Sept. 22. Both sessions will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Town of Niagara Park, 7000 Lockport Road. This is a competitive team which is seeking a few players to fill out its 2014 rooster. For more information, please call Greg Hoyt at 278-0131.
• The Niagara PAL girls 13U travel team will be holding open tryouts for its 2014 team on Sunday, September 15 and Sunday, Sept. 22 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Town of Niagara Park, 7000 Lockport Road. For more information, please call Ed Herman at 297-0078.Editor's note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in other editions will no longer be accepted.