Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2013 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams welcome. League play begins in early May. Teams are sought to play under the lights on Tuesday evenings at Reservoir State Park. For more information contact Don Joyce at 297-4881 or 799-5292.
• The Niagara Police Athletic League will host the anual Mark "Chief" Williams Memorial Basketball Tournament on May 4-5, 2013. Games will be played at Niagara University, Niagara Catholic and Niagara Falls High School. Openings for teams are available in the following divisions: grades 5/6; grades 7/8; grades 9/10 and grades 11/12, boys and girls. The entry fee is $175 per team with a two-game guarantee. For more information call 716-286-7038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• BOWL-O-DROME: Applications are being accepted for the Niagara Falls Women's Bowling Association City Tournament, sponsored by Zajac Funeral Home. Spaces are available for doubles and singles squads. Limited walk-in availability. Double and single squads begin May 4. Applications available in the area bowling houses. For more information contact: Bowl O Drome Lanes or Sheila Tallarico, Tournament Manager, 282-6204.
• LEWISTON EVENTS CENTER: Now forming summer bowling leagues. Leagues will consist of mixed, doubles and a parent/child league. If interested in signing up, please call 754-8248 or 531-1216.
Niagara Pythons All-Stars Cheerleading will host an Open House, Registration and Team Placement for their 2013-2014 All-Star Cheerleading Squads at the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club, 725 17th Street, Niagara Falls. Spaces are available for boys and girls ages 4 to 18 years old. The Open House is Tuesday, May 21 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Registrations will be held May 21-24, 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. The cost to register is $10.00 per cheerleader. For more information call 282-7181 or visit their website at www.niagarapythonsallstars.webs.com.
• Wilson Youth Football and Cheerleading is holding registrations for returning players this Saturday, May 4, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Registration for new players will be held Sunday, May 19 from noon to 3 p.m. and open registration will be held Saturday, June 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All sessions will be hosted at Wilson Town Hall on Lake Road. Cost is $85 with additional uniform costs in some cases. New players must have a parent or legal guardian present and must present an official birth certificate. A physical exam is required prior to registration. For more information call Pete Fox at 201-2490, Valerie Frerichs at 751-4642 or Kristen Westmorland at 870-5942.
• HYDE PARK: The Hyde Park Men’s “36” league will begin its second season this Wednesday, May 1st, at 10 a.m. sharp. There will be a brief organizational meeting prior to a 10:30 a.m. tee-off. The league is gladly accepting new players this season. The league uses a point system which allows players to compete equitably. For more information contact Ken Ruggerio at 298-0967.
• CHAMBER GOLF CLASSIC: The Niagara River Region Chamber Golf Classic has been scheduled for June 24 at the Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. Lunch, play and dinner included. Call the Chamber to register at 754-9500 or visit www.NiagaraRiverRegion.com.
• TAN TARA: The Ladies of the Tan Tara 9 and 18 Hole golf leagues will be holding their Opening Dinner on Tuesday, April 30 at 6:00 p.m. in the Tan Tara clubhouse. All women members of Tan Tara are welcome to attend. Members are encouraged to call Rosemary Fries with any questions.
The Buffalo Stars Youth Hockey Association will ice Peewee, Bantam and a Midget MOHL team this coming season. There are still limited openings for the Peewee and Bantam MOHL teams. The Stars will host an on-ice evaluation session on Saturday, May 4th at Holiday Twin Rinks from 2:45-3:45 p.m. The cost is $10 and players will need a release from their current Association to attend. A Midget MOHL evaluation will be announced at a later date. For more information contact the Stars at 685-1122 or visit www.buffalostars.com.
Presti Karate Centers, 2809 Pine Avenue, will host a Master's Development Series open to Black Belts interested in earning their Master's Rank of 5th or higher. The two-day class will show how to analyze poor karate moves, and how to correct them. Following training participants will take an oral and written exam, along with hands-on analysis of techniques with students. The MDS will take place May 10-11. For more information, call 285-9242. To register go online at www.ufaf.org.
• The Niagara PAL Summer Soccer Program for boys and girls ages 3-12 is taking registrations for the 2013 program. This year’s soccer program will be conducted Tuesdays and Thursdays at Niagara Catholic High School from July 2 through August 6, 2013. The player fee is $25, with a family discount for each additional sibling. For more information please call the PAL Office (286-7038) or Roger Carroll (283-1332). Registration forms can be downloaded from www.niagara-soccer.org.
• Applications for the Niagara PAL 10-under girls team, which plays in the Buffalo and Western New York Junior Soccer League, are now being accepted. The season starts in May and runs through July, and players must be 8-10 years old before Aug. 1. Register online at www.niagara-soccer.org or call 716-283-7715 for more information.
The Les Nassoiy Tennis League is seeking new players and new teams for the 2013 season. Doubles league play begins at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Hyde Park tennis courts in Niagara Falls,m beginning May 30 and continuing through July. New teams may register by May 16. Cost is $50/team with a four player minimum. For more information call Jim Cwierley at 697-9514 or e-mail Nassoiy.Tennis.League@gmail.com.Editor's note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions of the Niagara Gazette. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. the previous Friday.