Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2013 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams welcome. League play begins in early May. Teams are sought to play under the lights on Tuesday evenings at Reservoir State Park. For more information contact Don Joyce at 297-4881 or 799-5292.
• The Niagara Police Athletic League will host the anual Mark "Chief" Williams Memorial Basketball Tournament on May 4-5, 2013. Games will be played at Niagara University, Niagara Catholic and Niagara Falls High School. Openings for teams are available in the following divisions: grades 5/6; grades 7/8; grades 9/10 and grades 11/12, boys and girls. The entry fee is $175 per team with a two-game guarantee. For more information call 716-286-7038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• BOWL-O-DROME: Applications are being accepted for the Niagara Falls Women's Bowling Association City Tournament, sponsored by Zajac Funeral Home. Spaces are available for doubles and singles squads. Limited walk-in availability. Double and single squads begin May 4. Applications available in the area bowling houses. For more information contact: Bowl O Drome Lanes or Sheila Tallarico, Tournament Manager, 282-6204.
• LEWISTON EVENTS CENTER: Now forming summer bowling leagues. Leagues will consist of mixed, doubles and a parent/child league. If interested in signing up, please call 754-8248 or 531-1216.
Niagara Pythons All-Stars Cheerleading will host an Open House, Registration and Team Placement for their 2013-2014 All-Star Cheerleading Squads at the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club, 725 17th Street, Niagara Falls. Spaces are available for boys and girls ages 4 to 18 years old. The Open House is Tuesday, May 21 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Registrations will be held May 21-24, 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. The cost to register is $10.00 per cheerleader. For more information call 282-7181 or visit their website at www.niagarapythonsallstars.webs.com.
• Wilson Youth Football and Cheerleading is holding registrations for returning players this Saturday, May 4, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Registration for new players will be held Sunday, May 19 from noon to 3 p.m. and open registration will be held Saturday, June 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All sessions will be hosted at Wilson Town Hall on Lake Road. Cost is $85 with additional uniform costs in some cases. New players must have a parent or legal guardian present and must present an official birth certificate. A physical exam is required prior to registration. For more information call Pete Fox at 201-2490, Valerie Frerichs at 751-4642 or Kristen Westmorland at 870-5942.