Niagara Gazette — Jaden Crumpler was named Outstanding Wrestler in the 7-to-8 division at the Lockport Kids Club Youth Wrestling Tournament, held last weekend at Lockport High School.
Crumpler, a bantam who weighs in at 55 pounds, was one of six members of the Niagara Falls Wrestling Club PowerCats to place first in their respective weight divisions. Also taking first place finishes on behalf of the club were Willie McDougald, Herman Wooten, Justin McDougald, Donald Sinclair and Amaan Gulacha.
The PowerCats will next travel to Tonawanda High School to compete in the Tonawanda Youth Wrestling Club Tournament on Sunday.
• Rod Brown scored nine points to lead the New Kids over Packard Court Blue Devils, 21-11, in the 6-10 division of the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club/WTS Biddy Basketball League. Johnny Esposito scored four points for the Blue Devils.
• In the 11-12 division, Josiah Harris scored 14 points while Justin Hemphill added eight as the Future Stars defeated the Elite, 40-15. Adien Horan scored five points for the Elite.
• Also in the 11-12 division, New Kids defeated NFB&GC Prime Time by a score of 30-25. Hakim Siner netted 14 points for the winners, while Aarien Robinson had seven points to lead Prime Time.
• New Kids beat the Heat, 33-31, in a close game in the league’s 13-14 division. Nassah Scott had 13 points for the winners, while John Phillips led the Heat with 13 points.
• Also in the 13-14 division, Future Stars defeated the Pacers, 35-17. Imean Davis had seven points for the Future Stars while CJ Bradberry had seven points for the Pacers.
• Riley MacKenzie scored twice to lead the MacKenzie Auto Fighting Irish to a 3-0 win over the Rustaway Sharks in Niagara Junior Purple Eagles House Pee Wee action. Tyler Cirillo had the other goal for the Irish, while goalie Aidan Marinello picked up the shutout.
• Matt Miller scored a hat trick as Halleen’s Automotive Blackhawks skated to a 7-5 in over the Stepping Stone Therapeutics Americans. Miller also picked up an assist. Jake Halleen scored two goals for the Blackhawks, while James Worrall and Patrick Dworak also had goals.
Jeffrey Hyde scored twice and added an assist for the Americans. Justin Chadima had a goal and three assists, while Jacob Stine and Cade Littman also scored goals for the Americans.