Niagara Gazette — April Maziarz (North Tonawanda) registered five goals and four assists and Lexi Zugay (NT) chipped in six more goals to lead Niagara County Community College women's lacrosse over Genesee Community College, 16-4. The win improved the Thunderwolves' record to 2-6, marking the first time in the program's four-year history it has won more than one game in a season.
- Power win, 3-2, to force Game 3
- NU men's hoops to face Bona in Buffalo
- NU NOTES: Lewis, Kuhn Exler named to MAAC Honor Roll
- North and South to clash in 39th Annual All-Star Classic
- Hendriks, Kratz traded to Royals
- Bisons rout Indianapolis, 7-1
Reed Hall of Fame induction gives Bills cause to celebrate
There are two things receiver Andre Reed is most certain of in preparing to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this weekend.
Jeter 7th on MLB hits list in final Texas series
Derek Jeter remembers the playoff games in Texas — the good and the bad. Now the Yankees captain has another milestone to go with them there.
ESPN crew in town to interview former Gazette sports writer Bill Wolcott
Former Niagara Gazette sports writer and editor Bill Wolcott will be featured in an upcoming ESPN television program focusing on the life and times of sports personality Morganna the Kissing Bandit.
- Power playoff game postponed until Tuesday
- More Sports Headlines