Niagara Gazette — Riley Cardinali struck out 13 as part of a no-hitter to lead the VFW Post 917 Red Sox over the Felicetti A’s, 16-3, in Hyde Park minors youth baseball action.
Cardinali did walk eight, however, and all three A’s runs were scored on passed balls.
Antonio Velez hit a grand slam for the Sox and added a double for five RBIs. Jason Brady Jr. and Patrick Keiper each had three hits and two RBIs.
Josiah Oliver struck out seven for the A’s.
• Tyler Kennedy earned the win on the hill and blasted a home run as the Goodfella’s Pizzeria Yankees beat the Cardamone Chiropractic Nationals, 12-0. Damon Dougherty added a triple in the win, while Antwain Gandy had a hit in the loss.
• Vincent Carlo, Romeo Fitzgerald and Carter Krawczyk combined for a two-hitter as the H.W. Bryck and Sons Bandits beat the Coppins Service Center Timber Rattlers, 5-1. Carlo added three hits, while Krawczyk tallied two in the win.
• Chuck Dunn and Henry Chambers each had two hits as Sottile’s Phillies beat Quaranto’s Yankees, 8-5. Michael Huff’s moonshot turned into a triple, and Brett McClure drove in two runs while also striking out seven in three innings of pitching in the win.Yankees birthday boy Nolan Barker pitched two scoreless innings, while teammate Mitchell Brundage stuck out three on nine pitches.
• Ryan Chenaille, Lyndi Lowry and Matthew Ceccato each had two hits and Aidan Robins scored four runs as the J.A. Brundage Drain Doctor Pirates beat the Main Street BPA Blue Jays, 15-11. Joey Krebs had a pair of hits for the Jays, while Tyler White stroked a two-run single.
Hyde Park Majors
• John Blevins struck out seven on the hill as part of a three-hitters and added two doubles for two RBIs from the box to lead the Tops Tigers to a 12-0 win over the Bucky’s Barbershop Yankees. Ryan Bowee and Joe Dixon each had a home run and three RBIs for the Tigers.
• Blevins had three hits and Bowee knocked in two runs as the Tigers beat the Anderson Electric Cardinals, 3-1. Jayden Turner had five strikeouts in the win, while Taylor Sanders drove in the lone run for the Cards.
• Mike Mokhiber drove in a pair of runs with two hits and Tyler Goodridge had an RBI double, but the Junior Purple Eagles fell to the Orchard Park Renegades, 9-5. Bryce Callen and Christian Snell both doubled, while Mike Meland and Justin Nichols each hit RBI-singles for the Eagles, who fell to 2-3.
• Troy Toohey, Vincent Mauro, Zach Reed, Aidan Ward and Carter Krawczyk each chipped in with two hits as the Lewiston Predators improved their record to 6-3 with a 7-3 win over the Spartans. Lucas Eoute, Jacob Niccola, Krawczyk and Mauro each pitched a scoreless inning for the Preds.
Hyde Park GC
• Darlene Adams shot a 77 to win stroke play in Flight A of the Tuesday 18-hole league. Dorothy Gatto won Flight B with a 91, while Marie Esposito took Flight C with a 93. In the weekly tournament, Pam Casero and Nancy Lo tied for Flight A shooting 41s, Jean Rosenberg took B with a 43 and Dorothy Gara won C with a 52.
• Jacob Thomason scored a hat trick and added an assist as Lew-Port beat Clarence, 5-3. Jacob Peters added a goal and an assist, while Braden Regis found the back of the net in the win. Nick Shotwell earned the win in net, and Lew-Port improved to 4-4-1 in league play.