Niagara Gazette — Riley Cardinali struck out 13 as part of a no-hitter to lead the VFW Post 917 Red Sox over the Felicetti A’s, 16-3, in Hyde Park minors youth baseball action.
Cardinali did walk eight, however, and all three A’s runs were scored on passed balls.
Antonio Velez hit a grand slam for the Sox and added a double for five RBIs. Jason Brady Jr. and Patrick Keiper each had three hits and two RBIs.
Josiah Oliver struck out seven for the A’s.
• Tyler Kennedy earned the win on the hill and blasted a home run as the Goodfella’s Pizzeria Yankees beat the Cardamone Chiropractic Nationals, 12-0. Damon Dougherty added a triple in the win, while Antwain Gandy had a hit in the loss.
• Vincent Carlo, Romeo Fitzgerald and Carter Krawczyk combined for a two-hitter as the H.W. Bryck and Sons Bandits beat the Coppins Service Center Timber Rattlers, 5-1. Carlo added three hits, while Krawczyk tallied two in the win.
• Chuck Dunn and Henry Chambers each had two hits as Sottile’s Phillies beat Quaranto’s Yankees, 8-5. Michael Huff’s moonshot turned into a triple, and Brett McClure drove in two runs while also striking out seven in three innings of pitching in the win.Yankees birthday boy Nolan Barker pitched two scoreless innings, while teammate Mitchell Brundage stuck out three on nine pitches.
• Ryan Chenaille, Lyndi Lowry and Matthew Ceccato each had two hits and Aidan Robins scored four runs as the J.A. Brundage Drain Doctor Pirates beat the Main Street BPA Blue Jays, 15-11. Joey Krebs had a pair of hits for the Jays, while Tyler White stroked a two-run single.
Hyde Park Majors
• John Blevins struck out seven on the hill as part of a three-hitters and added two doubles for two RBIs from the box to lead the Tops Tigers to a 12-0 win over the Bucky’s Barbershop Yankees. Ryan Bowee and Joe Dixon each had a home run and three RBIs for the Tigers.