Niagara Gazette — Niagara Outdoors Calendar of Events for week of June 9-15, 2013
- Final Day, Orleans County Lake Ontario Pro-Am Salmon Team Tournament out of the Orleans County Marine Park, Point Breeze. Weigh in opens at 11 a.m. Fishing concludes at 12:30 p.m. for the Open Division; 2 p.m. for the Pro-Am Division. Awards ceremony to follow weigh in.
- Niagara County Sportsmen’s Association, Lower Mountain Road, Ransomville will hold their monthly general membership meeting starting at 2 p.m.
- Pro-gun, Second Amendment Rally in Albany at the Legislative Office Building to oppose the SAFE Act. Buses will be departing from the Eastern Hills Mall between 4 and 4:30 a.m. Call Rich Davenport at 510-7952 for more info.
- Deadline to apply for Animal Planet’s extreme fishing competition, Top Hooker. Send in your name, age (you must be 21), phone, location, recent photo and a brief explanation of why you are America’s top hooker to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Niagara Frontier 3-D League Shoot at LaSalle Sportsmen’s Club, 2445 Tuscarora Rd., Niagara Falls. Registration from 3-6 p.m. Call Mike Martin at 583-2561 for more info.
- Rapids Rod and Gun Club will hold their monthly general membership meeting at the Rapids Volunteer Fire Company, Plank Rd., Lockport starting at 7 p.m.
- Iroquois Arms Collectors Assn. will hold their monthly meeting at the Niagara Falls Frontier Fire Hall starting at 8 p.m. For more information call Don Clark at 791-4628.
- Start of the Double T Summer Youth Archery program through August 14 from 6-8 p.m. each night. Open to youth 5-17 years old. Some equipment is available. A fee is involved. For more info go to www.TTarchery.org.
- Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Assn. general membership meeting at Cornell Cooperative Extension Niagara, 4487 Lake Avenue (Route 78), Lockport starting at 7 p.m. There will be round table discussion on catching summer salmon and brown trout.