Niagara Gazette — Josh Kroening scored 17 points to lead St. Matthew/St. John to a 46-38 win over Community Bible in the Lutheran Basketball Association. Kroening also grabbed 13 rebounds. Teammate Dan Weiss scored 14 points while Justin Hromowyk netted 10 points. For Community Bible, Kyle Seabert scored 13 points.
• Joe Curry, Andrew Davis and Mike Hromowyk all scored 16 points as St. Mark defeated St. Paul II, 67-55. Ben Ganschow led the winners with 30 points, including six three-pointers. Micah Puscheck scored 10 points for St. Paul II while player-coach Brian Hapeman scored six points on two three-pointers.
• Ted Klettke scored 13 points for Holy Ghost, who defeated St. Peter’s of Sanborn, 53-44. Garrett Britton scored 10 points for the winners. Matthew Kroening led St. Peter’s with a dozen points while Shawn Haseley added 11 points.
• In other league games, Joe Curry scored 23 points to lead St. Mark over Community Bible, 57-46. Joel Feagin led Community Bible with 20 points.
• Justin Devantier was one of two players who led St. James with 19 points in their win over St. Paul II, 86-61. Joe Brooks also scored 19 points, including six three-point shots. Alex Buerger scored 17 points for the winners while Stefan Marzahl hit five three-pointers. Jeff Devantier added 13 points. For St. Paul II, Micah Puscheck and Ben Ganschow scored 21 points each while player-coach Brian Hapeman scored a dozen points, all made on three-pointers.
• Josh Korening scored 23 points while Mike Fretthold added 16 to lead St. Matthew/St. John to a 54-49 overtime win over St. Peter’s of Sanborn. Grant Hasley led St. Peter’s with 20 points.
• Randy Retzlaff and John Evert scored for the Hawks, who skated to a 2-2 tie with the Canadiens in the Thursday Night Niagara Falls Alumi Over-40 League. Bill Burns assisted on both Hawks goals. Bill Smith and Mike Kurilovich netted the goals for the Canadiens.
• Gary Brennan’s hat trick led the Leafs over the Bruins, 7-3. Pete Herbst scored twice for the Leafs while Patsy DeSimone and Kevin Brown had the other goals. DeSimone, Lee Herbst, Bill Brown and Whitey Krolewski had two assists each.
George Rogers, Mike Mayer and Tim Osberg scored for the Bruins.