Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA HEAT: The Cayuga Heat is holding tryouts for several of its teams beginning this week. The first scheduled tryout for the Cayuga Heat 10U baseball team will be this evening (Monday, August 19) at 6 p.m. at the 93rd Street baseball fields. The second scheduled tryout is Saturday, August 24 at 10:30 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 11U team will be held Sunday, August 25 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, August 31 at 10 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 12U team will be held Thursday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m. followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 2 p.m. Tryouts for the Heat 13U team will be held Saturday, August 24 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 1 p.m. The Heat program is also looking for interested candidates to coach boys travel teams in the 9U and 14U divisions. For more information, call Chris Cardona at 716-807-4868.
• SANDLOT BASEBALL ACADEMY: Tryouts for Sandlot Baseball Academy’s 2014 season 13U travel team will be held August 24 & 25 from noon to 2 p.m. at Hyde Park diamond on Robbins Drive in Niagara Falls. For more information, call Rick at 716-803-9302.
• JR. PURPLE EAGLES U15: The Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles 15U baseball team will hold tryouts Tuesday, August 20, a 5:30 p.m. at Washuta Park, 4746 Model City Road, Lewiston. For more information call Guy Mort at 716-628-4727.
• JR. PURPLE EAGLES U14: The Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles 14U travel team will hold tryouts Saturday, August 24 at 10 a.m. in Washuta Field in Lewiston. For more information, call John Kinney at 716-994-6916.
• NIAGARA JR. POWER: The Niagara Junior Power 17U team will hold tryouts for the 2014 season on August 25, 4 p.m. at Fairmount Park in Wheatfield. For more information, please call Coach Al @ 609-2375 or visit www.niagarajuniorpower.com.
• NIAGARA KNIGHTS: The Niagara Knights travel team is holding tryouts for 12U players for the 2013-14 season on August 19 and 20, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. each day. For more information, including how to register and where tryouts will take place, contact Jeremy Mixon at 716-990-8262 or email email@example.com.
• HYDE PARK FALL BASEBALL: Hyde Park will host its second annual Fall Baseball program for players ages 7 to 12. Games will be played at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning mid August and continuing through mid October. The cost per child is $50.00 and spaces are limited. For more information, call Jason at 799-2170 or Eric at 940-4998. You can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more online at www.hydeparkbaseball.com.
• NORTH TONAWANDA ELITE SOFTBALL: The North Tonawanda Elite 16U fast pitch softball team is holding tryouts on Saturday, August 24 from 10 a.m. until noon at the NT Girls Varsity Field on Humphrey Street, North Tonawanda. A second tryout session will be held Monday, August 26 from 6 to 8 p.m., also at the Varsity Field. Players must be age 16 or under before January 1, 2014. A $100 deposit will be required for players selected on the spot during tryouts. For more information, call Michael Carr at 716-515-5837.
JR. POWER U18: The Niagara Junior Power 18U will hold tryouts for the 2014 season on August 25 at 4 p.m. at Fairmount Park Diamond #5 in Wheatfield. Any questions please call Coach Al at 716-609-2375 or visit their website, www.niagarajuniorpower.com.
• NFHS MODIFIED: Any students interested in playing Modified Football (7th and 8th Grade from LaSalle or Gaskill Preparatory Schools) for Niagara Falls High School must attend a mandatory meeting with a parent on either Thursday, August 22nd or Friday, August 23rd at 10 a.m. For more information contact Nick Ruffolo at 716-471-9421 or via email NRuffolo@NFSchools.Net
• BUFFALO YOUTH LACROSSE: Buffalo Youth Lacrosse is now registering boys for their Fall Ball and Winter Indoor Classic. Both programs are open to boys between the ages of 7 and 14 from all over Western New York. Fall Ball begins Saturday, Sept. 7. BYL’s programs are designed to develop skills and strategy in game situations. Financial aid is available. For more information, call Chris at (716) 939-9031 or log on to www.buffaloyouthlacrosse.com.
• The Niagara PAL Soccer Club has openings for its U10 boys team and will hold tryouts next Tuesday, August 20, at 6 p.m.at Veterans Park, 7000 Lockport Road in the Town of Niagara. For more information, call 716-425-9669.
• FALL SOCCER: The Niagara PAL Soccer Club is still accepting registrations now for the 4v4 Fall Soccer Program, for boys and girls ages 4 to 13 years old. The season has been rescheduled to begin Saturday, August 24. The cost is $45.00 for the first child and $35.00 for additional family members. The fee covers games, practices, a complete uniform with socks, soccer ball and a roller skating party. Games and practices will be held at Veterans Park in the Town of Niagara, 7000 Lockport Road. You may register online at www.niagara-soccer.org. For more information, call Kevin Chambers at 716-283-7715 or email email@example.com.
• NIAGARA PAL TRAVEL: Tryouts for U13 and U15 boys travel soccer will be held Sunday, August 25 at 1 p.m.Town of Niagara Park, 7000 Lockport Road. Please wear cleats, shin guards and bring a ball to use. For more information, please contact Rich Meranto at 716-998-9330.
• WHIRLPOOL PARK SOCCER: The Whirlpool Park Athletic Association will hold final registrations for its 2013 Fall Soccer program on Wednesday, August 24 from 6 until 7:30 p.m. at the St. Raphael’s Parish Center, at College & McKoon Avenues. Boys and girls ages 5 to 12 are eligible. Parents of first-tie players must provide a birth certificate and signature. Space is limited. For more information, call 285-0143.
• NWAA TRYOUTS: The Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletic Soccer Club is holding tryouts for the NWAA U16 Galaxy boys travel team from August 25-27. For more details, email Rich Crossley at nwaasoccer@roadrunner or call (716) 583-0633.
• NWAA GALAXY: The Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletic Galaxy Soccer Program is hosting tryouts for its U9 through U16 boys teams and girls U11 and U13 squads from August 26-28, 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Niagara Wheatfield High School. For more information and to register, log on to www.nwaasports.net.
Editor’s note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in other editions will no longer be accepted.Editor's note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in other editions will no longer be accepted.