Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA HEAT: The Cayuga Heat is holding tryouts for several of its teams beginning this week. The first scheduled tryout for the Cayuga Heat 10U baseball team will be this evening (Monday, August 19) at 6 p.m. at the 93rd Street baseball fields. The second scheduled tryout is Saturday, August 24 at 10:30 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 11U team will be held Sunday, August 25 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, August 31 at 10 a.m. Tryouts for the Heat 12U team will be held Thursday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m. followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 2 p.m. Tryouts for the Heat 13U team will be held Saturday, August 24 at 1 p.m., followed by a second tryout Saturday, September 7 at 1 p.m. The Heat program is also looking for interested candidates to coach boys travel teams in the 9U and 14U divisions. For more information, call Chris Cardona at 716-807-4868.
• SANDLOT BASEBALL ACADEMY: Tryouts for Sandlot Baseball Academy’s 2014 season 13U travel team will be held August 24 & 25 from noon to 2 p.m. at Hyde Park diamond on Robbins Drive in Niagara Falls. For more information, call Rick at 716-803-9302.
• JR. PURPLE EAGLES U15: The Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles 15U baseball team will hold tryouts Tuesday, August 20, a 5:30 p.m. at Washuta Park, 4746 Model City Road, Lewiston. For more information call Guy Mort at 716-628-4727.
• JR. PURPLE EAGLES U14: The Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles 14U travel team will hold tryouts Saturday, August 24 at 10 a.m. in Washuta Field in Lewiston. For more information, call John Kinney at 716-994-6916.
• NIAGARA JR. POWER: The Niagara Junior Power 17U team will hold tryouts for the 2014 season on August 25, 4 p.m. at Fairmount Park in Wheatfield. For more information, please call Coach Al @ 609-2375 or visit www.niagarajuniorpower.com.
• NIAGARA KNIGHTS: The Niagara Knights travel team is holding tryouts for 12U players for the 2013-14 season on August 19 and 20, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. each day. For more information, including how to register and where tryouts will take place, contact Jeremy Mixon at 716-990-8262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.