Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• WHIRLPOOL: Little League now accepting boys and girls ages 4-16. Register online at www.whirlpoolparkll.com or call 998-5949.
• LOCKPORT CLINIC: The boys’ camp will be held for the 36th time July 7-11. Because of construction at the high school, the camp will be split between the Lockport HS East Gym and the Kenan Center. Grades 5-9 will participate from 8-11 a.m. and grades 9-12 will take place from noon-4 p.m. Cost is $90 grades 9-12 and $80 grades 5-9. Any questions can be directed to Camp Director Dick Russell (434-5357 or 628-6953). Pre-registration due June 15, though walk-in registration is accepted.
• NFB&GC GIRLS: The Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club, along with Niagara PAL, is recruiting teams for the 12th annual Girls Summer Classic. The league is open to all girls with high school eligibility remaining next season. The Classic will take place on Monday nights from June 30-Aug. 18. The $225 entry fee covers referees, t-shirts and awards. Registration ends June 17. For more information, call Mike Hamilton at 282-7181.
• CATARACT: Open registrations will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, June 7 and June 8 at the Power Cats Wrestling Club, 2402 Niagara St., Niagara Falls. Cost is $140 and each participant will receive $70 in Buffalo Bills season raffle tickets to sell keep the proceeds. The first 80 qualified applicants will be eligible for a full refund of registrations fees — limit one per household. Inquire at registrations. New participants must bring a copy of a birth certificate and proof of insurance, and athletes must be present. For more information, contact coach Eric Dixon (622-6881) or coach Kris Green (418-9273).
• NF JR. FC: Football: Registration is now open online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 eligible for football, 6-14 for cheerleading. All equipment and uniforms provided, home field is LaSalle Prep School on Buffalo Avenue. For more details go to www.nfjfc.com and click on 2014 registration or call Bill at 471-2727.