Niagara Gazette — Three holes in one were reported within the past week, two of them happening at Hyde Park Golf Course.
• 78-year-old Ed Vocek achieved the feat for his third timne, scoring his latest ace on Hole 17 on the North 18, using a 7 iron to put the ball into the cup from 160 yards out.
• Meantime, Tommy Marra of Niagara Falls reportedly used a 5 hybrid to sink his first ace, also on Hole 17. Gerry DelZoppo, Mike Lynch and Bob Baumker were witnesses.
• Oak Run Golf Club's resident pro Joe O'Shaughnessy reported that club member Larry Rinaldo scored a hole in one on July 8, doing so on the 153-yard Hole 11, using an 8 iron. Witnessing the feat were Nick Benedetti, Ed Spoth and Paul Hayden.
• The Hyde Park Men's Golf Club held the Hank Jenkins Memorial Tournament on the North 18 of the Hyde Park Golf Course. Class A Low Gross winner was Mike Spanbauer with a 69. Jim Munro finished second with a 70, followed by Stan Tubinis with his score of 71. The Class A Low Net winner was Max Martinez with a 64, while Tubinis and John Spanbauer both shot a 66.
The Class B Low Gross winner was Billy Clingersmith who scored an 81 and edged Tim Rickard, who also shot 81, in a tiebreaker. Tony Maglio shot an 82. The Class B Low Net winner was Dave Cuddy with a 63. lingersmith was second with a 66, followed by Maglio, Ron Porter and Vinnie Chiarenza, all of whom shot a 68.
• Lisa Hamilton was one of the weekly tournament winners in last Friday's Hyde Park White Nine Ladies League. Hamilton scored a 34 to take top honors in Flight A. Karyn Morrison led Flight B with her score of 36 while Sharon Schotz scored a 39 to take Flight C. Hamilton shared the lead in low putts for Flight A, as she and Sur Kosikowski both scored 13. Morrison led Flight B with 15, while Henrietta Ingham was the leader in Flight C with her 14.