Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• HYDE PARK FALL BASEBALL: Hyde Park will host its second annual Fall Baseball program for players ages 7 to 12. Games will be played at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning mid August and continuing through mid October. The cost per child is $50.00 and spaces are limited. For more information, call Jason at 799-2170 or Eric at 940-4998. You can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more online at www.hydeparkbaseball.com.
• UNDERCLASSMEN SHOWCASE: The second annual Baseball/Softball Underclassmen Showcase Event will be held the weekend of August 17-18 at the North Collins Sports Complex, featuring baseball and softball talents from throughout Western New York. The event is limited to high school players who were named to their division or league’s 1st Team, 2nd Team, or Honorable Mention All-Stars. This year’s format will feature All-Star teams from ECIC vs. Monsignor Martin/Buffalo City Schools/Private Schools, as well as CCAC All-Stars vs. Niagara Frontier/Niagara-Orleans All-Stars. For more information about baseball, contact Rob Catalino at 716-432-8458 or email@example.com. For more information about softball, contact Joe Catalano at 716-361-3298 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jan Warren at JMWarren114@aol.com.
• NU SUMMER CAMP: The Niagara men’s basketball program will hold its annual summer camps from August 5-9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily inside he legendary ‘Taps’ Gallagher Center. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 18 and is grouped by age and ability. Campers will learn basketball fundamentals and have an option to use the indoor pool. The camp will be instructed by the coaching staff, led by first-year head coach Chris Casey, and student-athletes. The cost of the five-day camp is $175 per camper and an additional camper is $160 for a savings of $15 for each additional camper. All participants will receive a camp t-shirt, prizes, awards and certificates. For more information, contact R.J. Rutledge at 716-286-8605 or email@example.com.
• WILSON HARBOR HOOPS: The 11th Annual Wilson Harbor Hoops 3 on 3 Baseketball Tournament, sponsored by the Wilson Community Enhancement Charity, will be held August 10 at Clark’s Park (adjacent to the Wilson Boathouse Restaurant) in Wilson, beginning at 9 a.m. The tournament is open to players of all ages and will feature an open men’s and women’s division. The tournament will be staffed by paid referees. The cost to participate is $120 per team. All participants will receive a dri-fit shooting t-shirt featuring the Harbor Hoops logo. Complimentary boat tours will be available to particpants. For more information call 716-433-1686. You can also obtain a registration form online at www.wcecinc.com.
• NCCC SUMMER CAMP: The NCCC Basketball Camp will be hosted July 15-18 for youth ages 7 to 14. The cost is $130.00 for the week. Participants will work on skills including shooting form, ball handling, pivoting and passing. The week will also include contests and games. Players are to bring sneakers, shorts and a water bottle. Youths can bring a bagged lunch or buy from the school cafeteria. The summer camp hours are 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. though the school will hold early dropoffs beginning at 8 a.m. and will host late pickups until 5 p.m. For more information contact Bill Beilein at 716-946-0689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Registration is now open for the 2013 season for new and returning cheerleaders with the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Spots are limited. For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• CATARACT FOOTBALL & CHEERLEADING: Cataract Little Loop Football will hold registrations for the 2013 season for football players and cheerleaders this Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Ruth Nicoletti Field, behind Niagara Falls High School. Limited spaces are available for boys and girls ages 5 to 15. The cost per child is $130, cash or money order, but you will receive $60 back upon selling raffle tickets. Please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of health insurance. The child must also be present to be weighed and sized. For more information, call Eric Dixon at 622-6881 or Kris Green at 260-5664.
• NIAGARA FALLS JR. FOOTBALL: Registration is now open for the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club’s 2013 season to new and returning football players. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Limited spots are still available for the following teams: Rattlesnakes (ages 6-7, max weight 80 lbs.), Diamondbacks (ages 8-9, max weight 100 lbs.), Cobras (ages 10-11, max weight 120 lbs.)and Vipers (ages 12-13, max weight 145 lbs.). For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• BENEFIT FOR AQUARIUM: The annual Putting for Penguins golf fundraiser will be held Friday, July 19 at the Newfane Pro-Am Course, 2501 N. Main Street (Route 78) to benefit the Aquarium of Niagara. The event starts with registration and putting contest from 4:30 until 5:45 p.m. A buffet-style dinner begins at 5:45 p.m. Nine holes will be played in a scramble or best ball format. At 9 p.m., there will be raffles, prizes and awards followed by the last half of golf in the dark with Glo-Balls and “light ropes” at 9:30 p.m. Entry fees are $80 per golfer; $320 for a foursome. Party only is $30. Golfers should register by July 15th. Call 285-3575, Ext. 206, or sign in by 5:45 p.m. that day.
• TAN TARA ‘SWEET ON GOLF’: The Ladies of Tan Tara will host their summer invitational Sunday, July 28. This year’s theme is “Sweet on Golf,” which includes lunch and golf followed by dinner and prizes. You are not required to be part of the 9 or 18 hole leagues in order to participate. For more information, please call the pro shop at 694-6954.
• VIOLANTE CLASSIC: Niagara Catholic Jr./Sr. High School’s annual Marty Violante Memorial Golf Classic honoring Anthony Guthrie will take place on Monday, July 22 at Niagara Frontier Country Club, 1058 Lake Road, Youngstown, NY. The tournament is open to the general public and features a $10,000 Cash Putting Contest, Hole-in-One Contest, Closest to the Pin Contest, Prizes for the Winning Foursome, along with a gift for every golfer. The cost of the tournament is $175 and includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch with free drinks, free drink stations on the course, one hour of hors d’oeuvres and open bar before dinner, a steak dinner, and basket and silent auctions. For more information, call 283-8771, ext. 242.
• LASALLE ALUMNI: The first annual LaSalle Alumni golf outing will be held July 26 at Hyde Park Golf Course. The nine-hole event is a four-person scramble format. The cost to play is $35 per person and includes a cart, lunch by Viola’s and picnic dinner. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with golf beginning at 1 p.m. All LaSalle teachers, graduates and friends are welcome. Checks should be made payable to Joel Holka and mailed to: Joel Holka Insurance Agency, 8575 Niagara Falls Blvd. (side entrance), Niagara Falls NY 14304. For more information, call 870-0564. You can also go to Facebook.com and visit “LaSalle Alumni Golf Outing.”
• HILL FAMILY TOURNAMENT: The Hill family golf tournament will take place August 10 at Hyde Park Golf Course. The cost is $80 and includes use of a cart plus lunch and dinner. Registration the day of the tournament begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start scheduled for 12:30 p.m. For more information, call George at 553-5684 or Sam at 909-1778.
• RABY MEMORIAL 5K: The Jason Raby Memorial 5K Race, sponsored by the Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association, will take place Saturday, July 27 at 11 a.m. at Lew-Port Senior High School. This family-oriented run is part of the Di Mino Lower River Running Series. Proceeds will support the Alumni Association Mini Grant programs, scholarships, in-classroom special education programs and other in-classroom programs. For more information, contact Gary Raby, Sr. at 523-0394 or 297-9429, or email email@example.com.
• FALL SOCCER: The Niagara PAL Soccer Club is accepting registrations now for the 4v4 Fall Soccer Program, for boys and girls ages 4 to 13 years old. The season begins Saturday, August 17. The cost is $45.00 for the first child and $35.00 for additional family members. The fee covers games, practices, a complete uniform with socks, soccer ball and a roller skating party. Games and practices will be held at Veterans Park in the Town of Niagara, 7000 Lockport Road. You may register online at www.niagara-soccer.org. For more information, call Kevin Chambers at 716-283-7715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TRYOUTS: The Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletic Soccer Club will hold tryouts at Niagara-Wheatfield High School from August 2—5. Tryouts for boys’ U10—U12 will be held Friday, August 2 at 6:30 p.m. Tryouts for girls’ U10—U14 will be held Saturday, August 3 at 10:30 a.m. Tryouts for boys’ U13—U16 will be held Monday, August 5 at 6:30 p.m. To register, apply online at www.nwaasports.net and follow the link to online registration at the bottom of the main page. Anyone with questions may contact Rich Crossley at email@example.com or (716) 583-0633, or Jeff Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 251-3255.
Editor’s note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday.