Niagara Gazette — Unfortunately, we are a ways off implementing anything like this and it still doesn’t hit all of the users of the resource. This is one of those situations where we all have to work together to achieve a common goal or objective.
This Week's Outdoor Calendar
• Final day for the Oswego County Lake Ontario Pro-Am Salmon Team Tournament Series held out of the City of Oswego. For more information log on to www.lakeontarioproam.net.
• Final Day, Erie Canal Fishing Derby. The Awards Ceremony will take place next Sunday in Gasport at the fire hall starting at 3 p.m. For more information log on to www.eriecanalderby.com or call Steve Harrington at 772-7972.
• International Joint Commission public hearing on Great Lakes water levels and the proposed Plan 2014 at Cornell Cooperative Extension Niagara, 4487 Lake Avenue, Lockport from 6-9 p.m. For more information check out: http://ijc.org/en_/losl/home.
• Firearms hunter safety training certification class at Erway’s, 4202 Willow Rd., Wilson. Preregister by phone at 778-9935 or 433-4189 between 5-9 p.m. Class size limited to 30 people. Parts 2 and 3 are July 16 and 17. All sessions are from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• Niagara Frontier 3-D Archery League Shoot at Wilson Conservation Club, Route 425, Wilson. Registration from 3-6 p.m. Call Mike Hertel at 583-4145 for more info.
• Firearms hunter safety education class at Wilson Conservation Club, 2934 Wilson-Cambria Road, Wilson from 6-9 p.m. Part 2 is July 19 from 6-9 p.m.; Part 3 is July 20 starting at 9 a.m. You must pre-register. For more information contact Stan Culverwell from 5 to 9 p.m. at 751-9848.
• Harmful Algal Bloom Workshop organized by Sea Grant NY in Buffalo at the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center, Amherst. For more info call 315-312-3042.
• Lockport Conservation Club, 4112 Lake Avenue, Lockport will hold their monthly general membership meeting starting at 8 p.m.