Niagara Gazette — • Jayden Turner hit two doubles and three RBIs as the Tops Tigers defeated the Anderson Electric Cardinals, 7-6, in Hyde Park Babe Ruth majors play. Turner also pitched for the Tigers, striking out 13 batters. Robert Schultz had two RBIs for the Tigers including the game-winning run. For the Cardinals, Moses Valez struck out 12 of the batters faced.
• Earlier in the week, Turner had three hits, including a grand slam home run, as the Tigers defeated the Porky’s Hot Dogs Red Sox, 16-4. The Tigers improved their record to 9-1 with the victory.
• Wildredo Borges scored four runs and drove home three more as the VFW Post 917 Red Sox defeated the Cardamone Chiropractor Nationals, 14-2, in the Hyde Park minors. Pat Keifer had two hits and three RBIs for the Red Sox while Lateef Saffat added three hits. Noah Light had three RBIs. J.J. Brady and Jace Luchese combined to allow only three hits and struck out eight. For the Nationals, Ryan Tezak, Antwain Gandy and Terrell Mathews each had a hit.
• The Nationals also came up victorious in the minors division, downing the A’s by a score of 6-4. Lewis Tezak pitched three innings, striking out seven. Gandy and Cameron Shelton had hits, with Shelton driving three runs home. For the A’s, Joshia Oliver had a hit.
• In Lewiston Little League minors action, Vincent Carlo and Carter Krawczyk both drove two runs home to lead the HW Bryck & Sons River Bandits to victory over the Smith Brothers Pizza Raptors, 8-3. Matthew Toohey and Romeo Fitzgerald had an RBI each, while Jude Violante added a double for the River Bandits. Jake Dionne had two hits for the Raptors.
• The Niagara PAL United U14 boys rallied from a 3-0 deficit to defeat the NW Revolution, 4-3, in travel soccer. John Cevaer started the comeback by scoring his first goal of the season. In the second half, Nick McKean scored while Christian Meranto added two goals including the game winner. With the win, Niagara PAL improved to 6-1-2 on the season.