Niagara Gazette —
• The Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club and Niagara PAL are seeking teams to compete in the 11th annual Girls Summer Classic, which takes place at Niagara Catholic High School on Monday nights from July 1 through August 19. The Classic is open to all girls with high school eligibility next season. The cost to enter a team is $200, which covers the cost of referees, t-shirts and awards. The deadline to apply is June 17. For more information, call Mike Hamilton at 282-7181.
• The NCCC Basketball Camp will be hosted July 15-18 for youth ages 7 to 14. The cost is $130.00 for the week. Participants will work on skills including shooting form, ball handling, pivoting and passing. The week will also include contests and games. Players are to bring sneakers, shorts and a water bottle. Youths can bring a bagged lunch or buy from the school cafeteria. The summer camp hours are 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. though the school will hold early dropoffs beginning at 8 a.m. and will host late pickups until 5 p.m. For more information contact Bill Beilein at 716-946-0689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 35th annual Lockport Basketball Clinic will be held at Lockport High School July 8-12. The clinic is open to players in grades 5-12. The cost is $85.00 for varsity/JV players and $75.00 for JV/modified players. Pre-registration is due by June 15. For more information, contact Dick Russell at 434-5357 or 628-6953.
• Registration is now open for the 2013 season for new and returning cheerleaders with the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Spots are limited. For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• Cataract Little Loop Football will hold registrations for the 2013 season for football players and cheerleaders this Saturday, June 29, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Ruth Nicoletti Field, behind Niagara Falls High School. Limited spaces are available for boys and girls ages 5 to 15. The cost per child is $130, cash or money order, but you will receive $60 back upon selling raffle tickets. Please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of health insurance. The child must also be present to be weighed and sized. For more information, call Eric Dixon at 622-6881 or Kris Green at 260-5664.