Niagara Gazette —
• The second annual Baseball/Softball Underclassmen Showcase Event will be held the weekend of August 17-18 at the North Collins Sports Complex, featuring baseball and softball talents from throughout Western New York. The event is limited to high school players who were named to their division or league's 1st Team, 2nd Team, or Honorable Mention All-Stars. This year's format will feature All-Star teams from ECIC vs. Monsignor Martin/Buffalo City Schools/Private Schools, as well as CCAC All-Stars vs. Niagara Frontier/Niagara-Orleans All-Stars. For more information about baseball, contact Rob Catalino at 716-432-8458 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about softball, contact Joe Catalano at 716-361-3298 or email@example.com, or Jan Warren at JMWarren114@aol.com.
• The Niagara men’s basketball program will hold its annual summer camps from August 5-9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily inside he legendary ‘Taps’ Gallagher Center. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 18 and is grouped by age and ability. Campers will learn basketball fundamentals and have an option to use the indoor pool. The camp will be instructed by the coaching staff, led by first-year head coach Chris Casey, and student-athletes. The cost of the five-day camp is $175 per camper and an additional camper is $160 for a savings of $15 for each additional camper. All participants will receive a camp t-shirt, prizes, awards and certificates. For more information, contact R.J. Rutledge at 716-286-8605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 11th Annual Wilson Harbor Hoops 3 on 3 Baseketball Tournament, sponsored by the Wilson Community Enhancement Charity, will be held on Saturday, August 10 at Clark's Park (adjacent to the Wilson Boathouse Restaurant) in Wilson, beginning at 9 a.m. The tournament is open to players of all ages and will feature an open men's and women's division. The tournament will be staffed by paid referees. The cost to participate is $120 per team. All participants will receive a dri-fit shooting t-shirt featuring the Harbor Hoops logo. Complimentary boat tours will be available to particpants. For more information call 716-433-1686. You can also obtain a registration form online at www.wcecinc.com.
• The Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club and Niagara PAL are seeking teams to compete in the 11th annual Girls Summer Classic, which takes place at Niagara Catholic High School on Monday nights from July 1 through August 19. The Classic is open to all girls with high school eligibility next season. The cost to enter a team is $200, which covers the cost of referees, t-shirts and awards. The deadline to apply is June 17. For more information, call Mike Hamilton at 282-7181.
• The NCCC Basketball Camp will be hosted July 15-18 for youth ages 7 to 14. The cost is $130.00 for the week. Participants will work on skills including shooting form, ball handling, pivoting and passing. The week will also include contests and games. Players are to bring sneakers, shorts and a water bottle. Youths can bring a bagged lunch or buy from the school cafeteria. The summer camp hours are 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. though the school will hold early dropoffs beginning at 8 a.m. and will host late pickups until 5 p.m. For more information contact Bill Beilein at 716-946-0689 or email@example.com.
• The 35th annual Lockport Basketball Clinic will be held at Lockport High School July 8-12. The clinic is open to players in grades 5-12. The cost is $85.00 for varsity/JV players and $75.00 for JV/modified players. Pre-registration is due by June 15. For more information, contact Dick Russell at 434-5357 or 628-6953.
• Registration is now open for the 2013 season for new and returning cheerleaders with the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Spots are limited. For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• Cataract Little Loop Football will hold registrations for the 2013 season for football players and cheerleaders this Saturday, June 29, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Ruth Nicoletti Field, behind Niagara Falls High School. Limited spaces are available for boys and girls ages 5 to 15. The cost per child is $130, cash or money order, but you will receive $60 back upon selling raffle tickets. Please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of health insurance. The child must also be present to be weighed and sized. For more information, call Eric Dixon at 622-6881 or Kris Green at 260-5664.
• Registration is now open for the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club's 2013 season to new and returning football players. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Limited spots are still available for the following teams: Rattlesnakes (ages 6-7, max weight 80 lbs.), Diamondbacks (ages 8-9, max weight 100 lbs.), Cobras (ages 10-11, max weight 120 lbs.)and Vipers (ages 12-13, max weight 145 lbs.). For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• LORRIE JANESE MEMORIAL: The seventh annual Lorrie Janese Memorial Golf Tournament & Chinese Auction will be held Saturday, June 29 at the Hyde Park Golf Course. The event is a four-man scramble format with the shotgun start scheduled for noon. The entry fee is $80 per person. Registration is due June 15. The first 100 golfers to apply will be accepted. An after-party will be held at LaSalle Sportsmans Club, where Chinese Auction tickets go on sale beginning at 3 p.m. Proceeds benefit Niagara Hospice. For more information, call Ted Janese at 628-2834.
• LASALLE ALUMNI GOLF OUTING: The first annual LaSalle Alumni golf outing will be held Friday, July 26 at Hyde Park Golf Course. The nine-hole event is a four-person scramble format. The cost to play is $35 per person and includes a cart, lunch by Viola's and picnic dinner. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with golf beginning at 1 p.m. All LaSalle teachers, graduates and friends are welcome. Checks should be made payable to Joel Holka and mailed to: Joel Holka Insurance Agency, 8575 Niagara Falls Blvd. (side entrance), Niagara Falls NY 14304. For more information, call 870-0564. You can also go to Facebook.com and visit "LaSalle Alumni Golf Outing."
• HILL FAMILY TOURNAMENT: The Hill family golf tournament will take place Saturday, August 10 at Hyde Park Golf Course. The cost is $80 and includes use of a cart plus lunch and dinner. Registration the day of the tournament begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start scheduled for 12:30 p.m. For more information, call George at 553-5684 or Sam at 909-1778.
• CHICKEN DINNER FUNDRAISER: Presti Karate Centers is hosting a chicken dinner sale on June 28, 2013 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. to raise funds for participants training to compete in Las Vegas. The dinners feature Chiavetta's chicken, potato salad, cole slaw and a roll with butter. Tickets are $9 in advance or $10 on the day of the event, which wll be held at 2809 Pine Avenue in Niagara Falls. For more information, call Presti Karate Centers at 285-9242.
• The Niagara PAL Summer Soccer Program for boys and girls ages 3-12 is taking registrations for the 2013 program. This year’s soccer program will be conducted Tuesdays and Thursdays at Niagara Catholic High School from July 2 through August 6, 2013. The player fee is $25, with a family discount for each additional sibling. For more information please call the PAL Office (286-7038) or Roger Carroll (283-1332). Registration forms can be downloaded from www.niagara-soccer.org.
• The Kristin Janese Summer Tennis Camp is seeking interested participants. The five-week instructional program begins July 2 and runs through August 8. The camp is open to players ages 8 to 18 years old, and all skill levels are welcome. Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The cost is $12 per class. Participants may choose one, two or three days per week. Classes will be held at Niagara Wheatfield under the direction of tennis pro Kristin Janese. For more information, call 471-5537.
Editor’s note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday.