Niagara Gazette — Shelly Ramseyer and Amy Birmingham were the Class A leaders in their respective competitions at this week's women's golf leagues at Niagara Frontier Country Club.
Ramseyer scored a 44 in the weekly event, while Thoene Oblamski (48) was the weekly winner in Class B and Lieba Wolfgang (53) the Class C winner.
In Tuesday's nine-hole league, Birmingham led Class A with a score of 36. Marge Kirsch was the weekly winner in Class B (40) while Gail Walker won in Class C (41).
• The Cayuga/Mark Cerrone Heat 9U baseball team blanked Wheatfield Elite, 14-0. Cayuga pitchers Anthony Lozina, Nick Syposs, Mateo Curtis, Jake Dunstan, Brett Zimmerman & Dom Paonessa combined for a no-hitter while striking out 14 batters. At the plate, Mateo Curtis led with two hits, three RBIs and three runs scored. Lozina, Jaxon Hoyt, Aaron Kifer and Jake Dunstan all had two RBIs.
• Trevor Kennedy had three hits while Tyler Kennedy hit a home run, as the Goodfellas Pizzeria Yankees defeated the VFW Post Red Sox, 14-1, in Hyde Park Babe Ruth Minor division action. Zack Winker and Derek Kennedy also hit for the Yankees. For the Red Sox, Jason Brady had two hits as well as one RBI.
• Micah Marable threw a one-hitter as the Tops Tigers downed the Porky's Hot Dogs White Sox, 20-0, in the Hyde Park Babe Ruth Majors. John Blevins had three hits for the winners while Jaden Nutefall added a hit. Eric Nichols had the lone hit for the White Sox.
• The Cayuga Gamblers 10U travel softball team improved its record to 5-0 in the Metro Girls Softball League with a 15-3 win Tuesday night over the Lockport Dyno-Mite. Jordan Dixon went 4 for 4 with a double and four RBIs at the plate. Chelsea Miller made her pitching debut, striking out three and only allowing two runs. Miller also contributed at the plate going 2 for 3 with three RBIs.
• Niagara PAL United defeated KenTon United, 3-2, in U14 action. Nick McKean scored 18 seconds into the game while Tommy Hamilton scored just minutes later. KenTon battled back to even the match but Christian Meranto scored the go-ahead goal with about seven minutes remaining. Niagara PAL improved its record to 4-1-2.
• The Niagara PAL U12 and U14 Boys Travel Soccer both won their individual Groups at the BWNYJSL Odenbach Tournament on Saturday in West Seneca. Both teams were eliminated in the knockout round.
• The Niagara University team of Mike Mucci and Burt Thompson defeated BMP America, made up of teammates Joe Lebold and Larry Lorenz, 6-0, 6-1 in the Les Nassoiy Tennis League. In other competition, Niagara Catholic (Will Whisker and Brian Kurtis) defeted Integrated Controls (Paul Silvan and Sandra Viola), 6-2, 6-2. First Niagara (Les Sniezek and Eric Scheffler) defeated Synacor (Matt Bergey and Terryl Knack), 6-1, 6-0.