Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA HEAT: The Cayuga Heat 10u travel baseball team has openings for the 2013 season. Tryouts will take place on Sunday nights. If interested contact Wayne at 716-417-0848 for details.
• RESERVOIR PARK: Registration is beginning for a new men’s slow pitch softball league on Thursday nights at Reservoir State Park. For more information, please contact Tony at 716-628-6156.
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2013 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams welcome. League play begins in early May. For more information contact Don Joyce at 297-4881 or 799-5292.
• LEWISTON EVENTS CENTER: Now forming summer bowling leagues. Leagues will consist of mixed, doubles and a parent/child league. If interested in signing up, please call 754-8248 or 531-1216.
• CHAMBER GOLF CLASSIC: The Niagara River Region Chamber Golf Classic has been scheduled for June 24 at the Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. Lunch, play and dinner included. Call the Chamber to register at 754-9500 or visit www.NiagaraRiverRegion.com.
• HYDE PARK LADIES: The Wednesday night league will hold its registration meeting at 6:30 p.m. April 24 at Hyde Park in the little house located near the lawn bowling courts. All teams signed up for the league should send a representative to the meeting. Any others interested in joining the league or forming a team are welcome. Please contact league president Tina Granieri at 282-3641 with any questions.
• NIAGARA COUNTY COYOTES: The travel team will be holding tryouts Monday through Wednesday for three different age divisions. On Monday, Bantam Tier 3 TB will be held from 6:30-7:20 p.m.; Bantam Minor, 7:30-8:20 p.m.; and 15u/16u, 8:30-9:20 p.m. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Bantam Minor will occupy the 6:30 p.m. time slot, while Tier 3 will tryout at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call coach Kevin Smith at 907-9424.
• NIAGARA PAL: Applications for the 10-under girls team, which plays in the Buffalo and Western New York Junior Soccer League, are now being accepted. The season starts in May and runs through July, and players must be 8-10 years old before Aug. 1. Register online at www.niagara-soccer.org or call 716-283-7715 for more information.
• YOUNGSTOWN RECREATION: Offering a 3-week program for all girls grades 1-8 starting Tuesday. Program will be held from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday nights at the Red Brick Building in Youngstown. The program will teach the fundamentals of basketball and soccer. If interested please call 531-1216 to register.
Editor’s note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday.