Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• NIAGARA KNIGHTS: The Niagara Knights travel team is holding tryouts for 12U players for the 2013-14 season on August 12, 13, 19 and 20, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. each day. For more information, including how to register and where tryouts will take place, contact Jeremy Mixon at 716-990-8262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JR. PURPLE EAGLES:The Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles are holding tryouts for their 2014 13-Under team August 15 and 16, beginning at 6 p.m., at Washuta Park, 4666 Model City Road, Lewiston. For more information, email Bob Flegal at email@example.com or call 716-570-3161.
• CAYUGA GAMBLERS: Tryouts for the 2014 Cayuga Gamblers travel softball teams will be held beginning August 12 at the 93rd Street diamonds, 1043 93rd St., Niagara Falls. Tryouts for the 10U team will be held Wednesday, August 14 at 6 p.m. and then Saturday, August 17 at 10 a.m. Tryouts for the 12U squad will be held Wednesday, August 14 at 6 p.m. and then Saturday, August 17 at noon. Tryouts for the 14U squad will he held Monday, August 12 at 6 p.m. with a second tryout on Saturday, August 17 at 2 p.m. Tryouts for the Gamblers’ three 16U squads will be held Tuesday, August 13 at 6 p.m. and then Saturday, August 17 at 4 p.m. For more information, contact Jim Bradley at 716-297-0402, 716-471-2665 or Jbradfam@aol.com. You can also learn more about the Cayuga Gamblers online at www.leaguelineup.com/cayuga.
• HYDE PARK FALL BASEBALL: Hyde Park will host its second annual Fall Baseball program for players ages 7 to 12. Games will be played at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning mid August and continuing through mid October. The cost per child is $50.00 and spaces are limited. For more information, call Jason at 799-2170 or Eric at 940-4998. You can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more online at www.hydeparkbaseball.com.
• UNDERCLASSMEN SHOWCASE: The second annual Baseball/Softball Underclassmen Showcase Event will be held the weekend of August 17-18 at the North Collins Sports Complex, featuring baseball and softball talents from throughout Western New York. The event is limited to high school players who were named to their division or league’s 1st Team, 2nd Team, or Honorable Mention All-Stars. This year’s format will feature All-Star teams from ECIC vs. Monsignor Martin/Buffalo City Schools/Private Schools, as well as CCAC All-Stars vs. Niagara Frontier/Niagara-Orleans All-Stars. For more information about baseball, contact Rob Catalino at 716-432-8458 or email@example.com. For more information about softball, contact Joe Catalano at 716-361-3298 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jan Warren at JMWarren114@aol.com.
• WILSON HARBOR HOOPS: The 11th Annual Wilson Harbor Hoops 3 on 3 Baseketball Tournament, sponsored by the Wilson Community Enhancement Charity, will be held August 10 at Clark’s Park (adjacent to the Wilson Boathouse Restaurant) in Wilson, beginning at 9 a.m. The tournament is open to players of all ages and will feature an open men’s and women’s division. The tournament will be staffed by paid referees. The cost to participate is $120 per team. All participants will receive a dri-fit shooting t-shirt featuring the Harbor Hoops logo. Complimentary boat tours will be available to particpants. For more information call 716-433-1686. You can also obtain a registration form online at www.wcecinc.com.
• Registration is now open for the 2013 season for new and returning cheerleaders with the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Spots are limited. For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• CATARACT FOOTBALL & CHEERLEADING: Cataract Little Loop Football will hold registrations for the 2013 season for football players and cheerleaders this Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Ruth Nicoletti Field, behind Niagara Falls High School. Limited spaces are available for boys and girls ages 5 to 15. The cost per child is $130, cash or money order, but you will receive $60 back upon selling raffle tickets. Please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of health insurance. The child must also be present to be weighed and sized. For more information, call Eric Dixon at 622-6881 or Kris Green at 260-5664.
• NIAGARA FALLS JR. FOOTBALL: Registration is now open for the Niagara Falls Jr. Football Club’s 2013 season to new and returning football players. You can apply online at www.nfjfc.com. Ages 6-13 are eligible & all equipment is provided. Limited spots are still available for the following teams: Rattlesnakes (ages 6-7, max weight 80 lbs.), Diamondbacks (ages 8-9, max weight 100 lbs.), Cobras (ages 10-11, max weight 120 lbs.)and Vipers (ages 12-13, max weight 145 lbs.). For more info go to www.nfjfc.com or call Bill at 471-2727.
• COACHES VS. CANCER: The American Cancer Society, through Coaches vs. Cancer, will host the All High Golf Tournament Tuesday, August 13 at Buffalo Tournament Club, 6432 Genesee Street in Lancaster. The Western New York community is invited to the All High Golf Tournament to benefit the American Cancer Society through Coaches vs. Cancer on Tuesday, August 13 at Buffalo Tournament Club. The participant The fee is $75.00 and includes 18 holes of golf with cart, one small bucket of range balls, lunch, dinner and open bar through dinner. The format is a four-player scramble with a shotgun start. Multiple prize opportunities will be available. Participants can register by e-mailing email@example.com by Friday, August 9.
• HILL FAMILY TOURNAMENT: The Hill family golf tournament will take place August 10 at Hyde Park Golf Course. The cost is $80 and includes use of a cart plus lunch and dinner. Registration the day of the tournament begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start scheduled for 12:30 p.m. For more information, call George at 553-5684 or Sam at 909-1778.
• NWAA TRYOUTS: The Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletic Soccer Club is holding tryouts tonight for its boys’ U13—U16 teams at Niagara-Wheatfield High School, beginning at 6:30 p.m. To register, apply online at www.nwaasports.net and follow the link to online registration at the bottom of the main page. Anyone with questions may contact Rich Crossley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 583-0633, or Jeff Cook at email@example.com or (716) 251-3255.
In addition, Coach Petricca is holding tryouts for the NWAA U16 Galaxy boys travel team from August 25-27. For more details, email Rich Crossley at nwaasoccer@roadrunner.
• FALL SOCCER: The Niagara PAL Soccer Club is accepting registrations now for the 4v4 Fall Soccer Program, for boys and girls ages 4 to 13 years old. The season begins Saturday, August 17. The cost is $45.00 for the first child and $35.00 for additional family members. The fee covers games, practices, a complete uniform with socks, soccer ball and a roller skating party. Games and practices will be held at Veterans Park in the Town of Niagara, 7000 Lockport Road. You may register online at www.niagara-soccer.org. For more information, call Kevin Chambers at 716-283-7715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NIAGARA PAL TRAVEL: Tryouts for U13 and U15 boys travel soccer will be held Sunday, August 25 at 1 p.m.Town of Niagara Park, 7000 Lockport Road. Please wear cleats, shin guards and bring a ball to use. For more information, please contact Rich Meranto at 716-998-9330.
• LOCKPORT TOURNAMENT: The annual Lockport Tennis Tournament will take place from August 8-15 at Lockport High School and Altro Park. Registrations will be held this Wednesday, July 31, from 6:30 until 8 p.m. at the Lockport High School tennis courts off Lincoln Avenue (1/4 mile east of Transit). Additional registration times will be hosted Saturday, August 3, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and Monday, August 5 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. In the event of rain, registrations will be held inside the school gym foyer. The tournament is open to youth and adult players living in Niagara and Orleans Counties, Grand Island and the Ken-Ton School District. Entrants are guaranteed two matches. For more information, call 434-6463.
Editor’s note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday.Editor's note: Registrations usually appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday.