Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• SLO-PITCH: The Niagara County Slo-Pitch league is registering softball teams for the coming season. Meetings will be held every Saturday at Judi’s Lounge, 2057 Military Road in Niagara Falls during April. The team entry fee is $225. For more information, call Lenny at 523-6524.
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2014 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams are welcome. League play begins on May 5. For more information, contact Don Joyce at 799-5292
• TRAVEL BASEBALL: The Spartans 10U travel baseball team, based in Getzville, is seeking players. Spartans Baseball values sportsmanship and teamwork while developing competitive players. The program seeks players that have the commitment, attitude and desire to work towards becoming the best ballplayer they can be. Interested candidates should email SpartanYouthAthletics@gmail.com.
• PAL MEMORIAL TOURNEY: The ninth annual PAL/Mark “Chief Williams Memorial Tournament will be held May 3-4, split between Niagara University, Niagara Catholic and Niagara Falls High School. Boys and girls division are split between grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12. Entry cost is $175 per team. For information and forms, call 716-286-7039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• NF USBC WOMEN: The Niagara Falls USBC Women’s Bowling Association is holding its annual city tournament April 26-May 9 at Rapids Bowling Center. Specific dates and times are listed on the tournament applications, which are located at the three area bowling centers. Entry fees remain unchanged. For more information contact tournament manager Sheila Tallarico at 716-282-6204. The Association is accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame. There are three categories: Distinguished Service, Honors and Superior Performance. Applications for nominations can be acquired by contacting a member of the Niagara Falls Women’s Bowling Association Board of Directors.
• GIRLS CAMP: Registration is now open for the Hot Shots Girls Day Camp, held July 14-17 at Amherst High School. The camp will feature Katie Rowan, US Womens National Team player, former player and current assistant coach at Syracuse University, and boasts a strong staff of area college and HS coaches and current college players. Under the direction of Janet Battaglia, the camp is open to girls ages 4-18 regardless of ability or experience. The sessions for 4-7 year olds will run from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for ages 8-18. Find out more about this camp and register at www.hotshotslaxcamp.com.
• GIRLS PAL: Register now for the Niagara PAL Lady Lightning and Little Lightning summer travel programs, which include a combination of practices, scrimmages and refereed games and is open to girls grades 2-12 regardless of ability or experience. The season runs from June 9-Aug. 5 and practices and games will take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for grades 6-12 and at the same time Mondays and Wednesdays for grades 2-5. There will be a general registration meeting at 6 p.m. May 28 at Niagara Falls High School, and registration deadline is June 10. Find out more about Niagara PAL Lacrosse or download a registration form at: http://littlelightninglax.wix.com/nfhs.
• WOMEN’S LEAGUE: New league is now forming for women ages 17 and up (no maximum age limit), looking for around 60 players to fill four teams. Teams will have two practices (June 22 & 29) and six games (each Saturday from July 12-Aug. 16). The games and practices will take place at Niagara County Community College. The fee is $100 dollars per player and covers officials, insurance, equipment, coaches, team shirts, etc. Registrations and information meetings will beheld from 11-11:45 a.m. and noon-12:45 p.m. May 17 and 5-5:45 p.m. and 6-6:45 p.m. May 21 in the small gym at NCCC. To register for the sign ups/information meetings or to learn more about the Niagara County Ladies Lacrosse League, email Niagaracountylacrosse@gmail.com. Please let us know if you will be attending the registrations by May 10.
• HYDE PARK LADIES: There will be a meeting for the upcoming season of the Wednesday Night Ladies Lawn Bowling league at 6:30 p.m. April 30. The meeting will be held at Hyde Park at the “little house” located next to the lawn bowling courts. Anyone interested in forming a team is invited to attend. Anyone returning a team from last year is encouraged to send a member to the meeting. Any questions please contact Tina Granieri at 282-3641.
• GIRLS TRAVEL: Niagara Wheatfield Amateur Athletics is looking for committed U14 Ladies to round out its new squad. Coach/Trainer Taylor and Coach Wendy will be holding one-on-one tryouts mid April. Interested players should email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments.
• NWAA: Online registration is now open for a new recreational soccer program, which will run on weekdays only from May 19-July 31. Visity www.nwaasports.net for more details and registration information.
Editor’s note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in editions on other days of the week will no longer be accepted.