Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• SLO-PITCH: The Niagara County Slo-Pitch league is registering softball teams for the coming season. Meetings will be held every Saturday at Judi’s Lounge, 2057 Military Road in Niagara Falls during April. The team entry fee is $225. For more information, call Lenny at 523-6524.
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2014 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams are welcome. League play begins on May 5. For more information, contact Don Joyce at 799-5292
• TRAVEL BASEBALL: The Spartans 10U travel baseball team, based in Getzville, is seeking players. Spartans Baseball values sportsmanship and teamwork while developing competitive players. The program seeks players that have the commitment, attitude and desire to work towards becoming the best ballplayer they can be. Interested candidates should email SpartanYouthAthletics@gmail.com.
• PAL MEMORIAL TOURNEY: The ninth annual PAL/Mark “Chief Williams Memorial Tournament will be held May 3-4, split between Niagara University, Niagara Catholic and Niagara Falls High School. Boys and girls division are split between grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12. Entry cost is $175 per team. For information and forms, call 716-286-7039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• NF USBC WOMEN: The Niagara Falls USBC Women’s Bowling Association is holding its annual city tournament April 26-May 9 at Rapids Bowling Center. Specific dates and times are listed on the tournament applications, which are located at the three area bowling centers. Entry fees remain unchanged. For more information contact tournament manager Sheila Tallarico at 716-282-6204. The Association is accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame. There are three categories: Distinguished Service, Honors and Superior Performance. Applications for nominations can be acquired by contacting a member of the Niagara Falls Women’s Bowling Association Board of Directors.
• GIRLS CAMP: Registration is now open for the Hot Shots Girls Day Camp, held July 14-17 at Amherst High School. The camp will feature Katie Rowan, US Womens National Team player, former player and current assistant coach at Syracuse University, and boasts a strong staff of area college and HS coaches and current college players. Under the direction of Janet Battaglia, the camp is open to girls ages 4-18 regardless of ability or experience. The sessions for 4-7 year olds will run from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for ages 8-18. Find out more about this camp and register at www.hotshotslaxcamp.com.