Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• SLO-PITCH: The Niagara County Slo-Pitch league is registering softball teams for the coming season. Meetings will be held every Saturday at Judi’s Lounge, 2057 Military Road in Niagara Falls during April. The team entry fee is $225. For more information, call Lenny at 523-6524.
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2014 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams are welcome. League play begins on May 5. For more information, contact Don Joyce at 799-5292
• TRAVEL BASEBALL: The Spartans 10U travel baseball team, based in Getzville, is seeking players. Spartans Baseball values sportsmanship and teamwork while developing competitive players. The program seeks players that have the commitment, attitude and desire to work towards becoming the best ballplayer they can be. Interested candidates should email SpartanYouthAthletics@gmail.com.
• UMPIRE TRAINING: The Niagara Falls Umpires Association is hosting its final new member class from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday at the AOH Hall, 9020 S. Military Road in Niagara Falls. These classes will prepare individuals to umpire local high school and summer league games. There is no cost to take the classes but candidates must be age 17 or older. For more information, visit www.nfumpires.com or contact Mike at 628-7892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PAL/ACE SHOWCASE: Tryouts will be held Tuesday at Niagara Falls High School, with games scheduled for Thursday. Freshman and sophomores who played varsity basketball this past season will tryout at 5 p.m., followed by varsity junior and seniors at 6:30 p.m. The FR/SO game will start at 6 p.m. and the JR/SR game will follow. Admission to the games will be $5 with proceeds going to the Niagara PAL. For more info, please contact Sal Constantino at 228-7916.
• PAL MEMORIAL TOURNEY: The ninth annual PAL/Mark “Chief Williams Memorial Tournament will be held May 3-4, split between Niagara University, Niagara Catholic and Niagara Falls High School. Boys and girls division are split between grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12. Entry cost is $175 per team. For information and forms, call 716-286-7039 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.