Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA: Registration for Babe Ruth baseball and house softball will be held Wednesday, March 19 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the 93rd Street Complex. Players must be between 5-19 years old to be eligible for baseball and 7-17 for softball. For more information, visit www.leaguelineup.com/cyaa.
HYDE PARK: Hyde Park Babe Ruth will hold registrations next Sunday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bucky’s Barber Shop. For more information, call Jeff at 316-5700.
• SLOW PITCH: The Niagara Frontier Slow Pitch League is registering teams for the 2014 season. Men’s, women’s and coed teams are welcome. League play begins on May 5. For more information, contact Don Joyce at 799-5292
• SPARTANS: The Spartans 10U Travel Baseball team, based in Getzville, NY, is seeking players. Spartans Baseball values sportsmanship and teamwork while developing competitive players. The program seeks players that have the commitment, attitude and desire to work towards becoming the best ballplayer they can be. Interested candidates should email SpartanYouthAthletics@gmail.com.
• UMPIRE TRAINING: The Niagara Falls Umpires Association is now hosting its new member classes every Wednesday through April 16, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the AOH Hall, 9020 S. Military Road in Niagara Falls. These classes will prepare individuals to umpire local high school and summer league games. There is no cost to take the classes but candidates must be ages 17 or older. For more information, visit www.nfumpires.com or contact Mike at 628-7892 or email@example.com.
• CATARACT LITTLE LOOP: Open registration for football players and cheerleaders will be held Saturday, March 22 and Saturday, March 29 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club, 725 17th Street, Niagara Falls. The cost is $140 and must be paid either by cash or money order. You will receive $70 of that money back upon selling raffle tickets. New participants must bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate. All must provide proof of health insurance. The child must be present to be weighed and sized. For more information, contact Coach Eric Dixon at 622-6881 or Coach Kris Green at 260-5664.