Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• ECC CAMPS: Erie Community College will host two six-week baseball camps, starting Jan. 25 at the North Campus in Amherst and Jan. 26 at the South Campus in Orchard Park. Camps at both locations will be directed by Erie Community College head coach Joe Bauth in conjunction with U.S. Baseball Academy. Classes are available for players in grades 1-12 and are limited to six players per coach. Sessions are offered in advanced hitting, pitching, catching, fielding and baserunning. Space is limited. Registration is now under way. For more information, visit www.USBaseballAcademy.com, or call toll-free 866-622-4487.
• CANISIUS CLINICS: Canisius College will be hosting an array of baseball clinics, offering hitting and pitching lessons to youth players. Prices range from $100-$230. For more information, contact Mike McRae at 716-888-8485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HS EXHIBITION: The Blue Jays Baseball Club, based in Grand Gorge, is sponsoring a high school exhibition series in the Cooperstown area in the Spring of 2014 for varsity and junior varsity teams. They are also sponsoring three-game summer tournaments for 13U, 14U, 16U and 18U clubs. Night games can be scheduled. Trophies awarded. For additional information, contact Harvey Sandig at 607-652-7740 with your open dates. You can also email him at email@example.com.
• 10U SPARTANS: The 2014 tournament team is looking for several players for the upcoming summer season. Practice has already started and any interested players and parents are invited to attend. For more information, contact Tony Milone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NU CAMP: The Niagara baseball program will hold its annual Winter Indoor Baseball School starting Sunday and running through Feb. 9. For more information or to register, visit www.collegebaseballcamps.com/purprleeagles or write assistant coach Paul Panik at email@example.com.
• 3-ON-3 BOYS TOURNEY: The Village of Lewiston Recreation Dept. is sponsoring a double-elimination youth tournament starting at 9 a.m. Jan. 20 at the Lewiston Red Brick Gym, N. 4th St. and Onondaga St. Age groups are 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16. Cost per player is $12 and includes game shirt, pizza and a drink. Teams are limited to a maximum of five players, and players must register as a team. Youth must be Lewiston residents or attend a school in the towns of Lewiston or Porter boundaries. Deadline for applications is today. Applications are available at the Village of Lewiston’s Clerk’s Office, 145 N. 4th St. or the Recreation Office. For further information, please call the Recreation Dept. at 754-1990 or 754-8271.