Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• ECC CAMPS: Erie Community College will host two six-week baseball camps, starting Jan. 25 at the North Campus in Amherst and Jan. 26 at the South Campus in Orchard Park. Camps at both locations will be directed by Erie Community College head coach Joe Bauth in conjunction with U.S. Baseball Academy. Classes are available for players in grades 1-12 and are limited to six players per coach. Sessions are offered in advanced hitting, pitching, catching, fielding and baserunning. Space is limited. Registration is now under way. For more information, visit www.USBaseballAcademy.com, or call toll-free 866-622-4487.
• CANISIUS CLINICS: Canisius College will be hosting an array of baseball clinics, offering hitting and pitching lessons to youth players. Prices range from $100-$230. For more information, contact Mike McRae at 716-888-8485 or email@example.com.
• HS EXHIBITION: The Blue Jays Baseball Club, based in Grand Gorge, is sponsoring a high school exhibition series in the Cooperstown area in the Spring of 2014 for varsity and junior varsity teams. They are also sponsoring three-game summer tournaments for 13U, 14U, 16U and 18U clubs. Night games can be scheduled. Trophies awarded. For additional information, contact Harvey Sandig at 607-652-7740 with your open dates. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 10U SPARTANS: The 2014 tournament team is looking for several players for the upcoming summer season. Practice has already started and any interested players and parents are invited to attend. For more information, contact Tony Milone at email@example.com.
• NU CAMPS: The Niagara baseball program will hold its annual Winter Indoor Baseball School on Sundays from Jan. 12-Feb. 9. For more information or to register, visit www.collegebaseballcamps.com/purprleeagles or write assistant coach Paul Panik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3-ON-3 BOYS TOURNEY: The Village of Lewiston Recreation Dept. is sponsoring a double-elimination youth tournament starting at 9 a.m. Jan. 20 at the Lewiston Red Brick Gym, N. 4th St. and Onondaga St. Age groups are 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16. Cost per player is $12 and includes game shirt, pizza and a drink. Teams are limited to a maximum of five players, and players must register as a team. Youth must be Lewiston residents or attend a school in the towns of Lewiston or Porter boundaries. Applications must be turned in by Jan. 6 and are available at the Village of Lewiston’s Clerk’s Office, 145 N. 4th St. or the Recreation Office. For further information, please call the Recreation Dept. at 754-1990 or 754-8271.
• NF HOF: The Niagara Falls Men’s Bowling Association is looking for bowlers interested in applying to become a member of the Hall of Fame. Local sanctioned bowlers, at least 45 years old, can pick up an application at any of Niagara Falls’ bowling establishments. Contact Walt Kendzia (283-8169), Harry Chapman (361-1977) or Tony Quaranto (285-3267) for information about where to drop off their applications. The applications have information on the categories of the awards, the instructions and requirements for submission. The deadline for entries is Feb. 11.
• NIAGARA COUNTY COYOTES: The Coyotes’ Bantam Mixed team has plenty of openings for novice players that would like to learn to skate. The program has already started, but runs through March at Hyde Park. Cost is $225 for the year. Contact Kevin Smith at email@example.com for more information.
• POWERCATS: The Niagara Falls Powercats are accepting Membership/Registrations every Tuesday and Thursday for the 2013-14 season. Classes are now underway at the Niagara Falls Wrestling Club, 2402 Niagara Street, from 6-8 p.m. The program is open to boys and girls ages 4-18. Please bring a copy of birth certificate. Beginners and experienced wrestlers are all welcome. For more information call Lisa at 213-8617 or Coach Joe at 579-9900.
Editor’s note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in editions on other days of the week will no longer be accepted.