Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA: Registration for Babe Ruth baseball and house softball will be held on the following dates at the the 93rd Street Complex: today, 6-8:30 p.m.; March 12, 6-8 p.m.; March 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Players must be between 5-19 years old to be eligible for baseball and 7-17 for softball. For more information, visit www.leaguelineup.com/cyaa.
• HYDE PARK: Registration will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday at Bucky’s Barber Shop on Hyde Park Boulevard for boys and girls ages 4-18. New applicants must bring a copy of birth certificate for age verification. For further information please contact Jeff Cafarella (316-5700), Jay Brady (799-2170) or Eric Archie (940-4998).
• UMPIRE TRAINING: The Niagara Falls Umpires Association will host its new member classes beginning at 7 p.m. March 12 at the AOH Hall, 9020 S. Military Road in Niagara Falls. Classes, which run until 9 p.m., will continue each Wednesday through April 16 to prepare individuals to umpire local high school and summer league games. There is no cost to take the classes but candidates must be ages 17 or older. For more information, visit www.nfumpires.com or contact Mike at 628-7892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SPRING TOURNAMENT: North American Youth Sports will be holding a 5-on-5 youth basketball tournament March 28-30 at three different sites in Western New York. The tourney will feature 10 different brackets, five each for boys and girls. Brackets will be separated by grade, including 5-6, 7, 8, 9-10 and 11-12. The entree fee is $110 and guarantees each team at least two games. The deadline for entry is Friday. For more information, contact director Kevin Ferguson (716-400-4159), the toll-free NAYS hotline (866-352-5915) or visit www.northamericanyouthsports.org.
• NWAA: Online registration is now open for a new recreational soccer program, which will run on weekdays only from May 19-July 31. Visity www.nwaasports.net for more details and registration information.
• GIRLS CAMP: Registration is now open for the Hot Shots Girls Day Camp, held July 14-17 at Amherst High School. The camp will feature Katie Rowan, US Womens National Team player, former player and current assistant coach at Syracuse University, and boasts a strong staff of area college and HS coaches and current college players. Under the direction of Janet Battaglia, the camp is open to girls ages 4-18 regardless of ability or experience. The sessions for 4-7 year olds will run from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for ages 8-18. Find out more about this camp and register at www.hotshotslaxcamp.com.
• GIRLS PAL: Register now for the Niagara PAL Lady Lightning and Little Lightning summer travel programs, which include a combination of practices, scrimmages and refereed games and is open to girls grades 2-12 regardless of ability or experience. The season runs from June 9-Aug. 5 and practices and games will take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for grades 6-12 and at the same time Mondays and Wednesdays for grades 2-5. There will be a general registration meeting at 6 p.m. May. 28 at Niagara Falls High School, and registration deadline is June 10. Find out more about Niagara PAL Lacrosse or download a registration form at: http://littlelightninglax.wix.com/nfhs.
• NFHS: Niagara Falls High School is looking for boys interested in playing Varsity and JV club lacrosse. Interested players in grades 7-12 can contact Coach Colangelo at 579-4163 for more information.
• NU LESSONS: Niagara University’s Recreation Department is taking registrations for instructional swim lessons, available for children of all ages and skill levels. Instructional classes will be conducted Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning March 15 and 19. Each class will consist of 30 minutes of instruction based on American Red Cross guidelines including 5 minutes of structured free swim. Cost for the program includes $60 for the five week sessions and an additional $5 off every additional child that is enrolled. For more information on these swim programs please contact Niagara University’s Kiernan Center at 286-8055.
• POWERCATS: The Niagara Falls Powercats are accepting registrations every Monday and Wednesday for the 2014 season. Classes are from 6-8 p.m. every Mon-Wed-Fri at the Niagara Falls Wrestling Club, 2402 Niagara Street. The program is open to boys and girls from 4-18 years old. Please bring a copy of birth certificate and insurance information. Beginners and experienced wrestlers are all welcome. For more information call Lisa 716-213-8617 or Coach Joe 716-579-9900.
Editor’s note: Registrations are scheduled to appear in Monday editions. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY: Last minute requests for publication in editions on other days of the week will no longer be accepted.