Niagara Gazette — BASEBALL/SOFTBALL
• CAYUGA: Registration for Babe Ruth baseball and house softball will be held on the following dates at the the 93rd Street Complex: today, 6-8:30 p.m.; March 12, 6-8 p.m.; March 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Players must be between 5-19 years old to be eligible for baseball and 7-17 for softball. For more information, visit www.leaguelineup.com/cyaa.
• HYDE PARK: Registration will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday at Bucky’s Barber Shop on Hyde Park Boulevard for boys and girls ages 4-18. New applicants must bring a copy of birth certificate for age verification. For further information please contact Jeff Cafarella (316-5700), Jay Brady (799-2170) or Eric Archie (940-4998).
• UMPIRE TRAINING: The Niagara Falls Umpires Association will host its new member classes beginning at 7 p.m. March 12 at the AOH Hall, 9020 S. Military Road in Niagara Falls. Classes, which run until 9 p.m., will continue each Wednesday through April 16 to prepare individuals to umpire local high school and summer league games. There is no cost to take the classes but candidates must be ages 17 or older. For more information, visit www.nfumpires.com or contact Mike at 628-7892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SPRING TOURNAMENT: North American Youth Sports will be holding a 5-on-5 youth basketball tournament March 28-30 at three different sites in Western New York. The tourney will feature 10 different brackets, five each for boys and girls. Brackets will be separated by grade, including 5-6, 7, 8, 9-10 and 11-12. The entree fee is $110 and guarantees each team at least two games. The deadline for entry is Friday. For more information, contact director Kevin Ferguson (716-400-4159), the toll-free NAYS hotline (866-352-5915) or visit www.northamericanyouthsports.org.
• NWAA: Online registration is now open for a new recreational soccer program, which will run on weekdays only from May 19-July 31. Visity www.nwaasports.net for more details and registration information.