Niagara Gazette — Dennis Gagliardo drove in Jon Orfano for the winning run in the eighth inning, as Niagara Catholic defeated St. Benedicts 4-3 to win the the Amherst Parochial League.
Ross Pochatko went seven innings for Niagara Catholic, allowing just one earned run on five hits.
With the victory, Niagara Catholic finished the season with a record of 10-1, and collectively outscored its opponents 108-52.
• Tim Brown threw two touchdown passes and rushed for another as the Niagara-Wheatfield Wildcats topped the Lew-Port Spartans, 19-6. Matt Page connected with Connor O'Keefe for the lone Spartans' touchdown.
• The Niagara Falls Cobras claimed the division championship by beating the North Tonawanda Avalanche 20-7. The Cobras were led by Deonte Mathews who racked up 110 yards rushing, including a 70-yard touchdown.
• The Lew-Port Chargers topped the North Tonawanda 49ers, 48-13. Ian Evans rushed for three touchdowns for the Chargers. Cole Murdoch, Brett Teubner, Alex Mills and Calhoun Lewis also scored for Lew-Port.
• Tristian Vandenburg had eight tackles, four for losses, to help the Niagara-Wheatfield Tomcats (7-0) remain undefeated and beat Williamsville 33-0. The Tomcats only allowed their opponents to total 21 yards in the contest.
• The Lew-Port Rams lost to the North Tonawanda Timberwolves 25-12, but still managed to capture the division championship with a record of 5-2. Drew Martin led the way for the Rams, tallying 129 yards and a touchdown.
• Jake Schoelles and Ian Ivancic each scored a goal and had an assist as the Niagara County Coyotes beat the Junior Purple Eagles 3-2. Brandon Trippi scored twice for the Purple Eagles.
Thursday over 40
• Tim Osberg had two goals and three assists for the Bruins who defeated the Hawks 6-2 in the Niagara Falls Over-40 Alumni League. Mike Smith chipped in a goal and four assists, Mike Mayer added a goal and three assists. Steve Modeski and Paul Szafran also scored for the Bruins. Dan Meterko and Dave Hargrave had goals for the Hawks.
• Pete Seefelot had two goals and two assists for the Leafs in their 7-5 win over the Canadiens in the Niagara Falls Over-40 Alumni League. Pete Herbst had a goal and two assists as well. Terry Tempst and Phil Stoddard each had two goals for the Canadiens.