Nurses attacked at Memorial
A Falls woman was arrested after she assaulted two nurses in the emergency room at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center at 3:40 p.m. Sunday.
Toni Marie Soliday, 33, 8260 Lockport Road, was charged with two counts of second-degree assault.
She is accused of kicking one nurse in the stomach and head-butting another nurse as they tried to treat her.
Suspect in car break-in caught by vehicle owner
Falls police were called to the 2400 block of Seneca Avenue about 9:15 p.m. Sunday for a report of a vehicle break-in and suspect in custody.
Officers responded to the VFW Post 917 where it was reported a patron there was inside when he was informed by a bartender that someone was standing near his truck. When the patron went outside, he saw the man sitting in the cab of the truck.
After a confrontation, the suspect in the truck took off running with the patron, a Wheatfield man, in pursuit. The suspect was evenutally caught in the 2400 block of Seneca. The suspect, Manuel L. Diaz, was held for police. He was later charged with petit larceny and possession of burglary tools.
• BURGLARY: A resident on the 2700 block of Cleveland Avenue told police he arrived home about 8 p.m. Sunday and noticed his home's side door was damaged and opened. The man said he called police from his vehicle and while waiting for officers to arrive noticed an older style Chevy/GMC dark-colored blue or grey pickup about to pull in his driveway. The resident said when the driver noticed him, he drove off but drove by a second time minutes later. The resident was unable to get a plate number. When police investigated the home, a 32-inch TV and laptop computer were discovered missing.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a shoplifting incident at a store in the 700 block of Builders Way. A store manager told officers that a man entered the business at 6:30 p.m. Sunday and put $200 worth of plumbing parts in a bucket. The suspect then left the store through an emergency exit door. He was last seen driving away in a silver Ford Taurus station wagon that had been parked on 61st Street.
• ARREST: A Buffalo woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1300 block of Pine Avenue at 5:40 p.m. Sunday. Charlotte T. Korczak, 32, 115 Lockwood Ave., upper, was charged with petit larceny. She is accused of taking $14 worth of soap and was captured after a short foot chase.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft from a business in the 1600 block of Main Street. An employee told police a man walked in at 3:45 p.m. Sunday and put a gumball machine in a large garbage bag. The suspect then walked out with the the gumball machine.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2000 block of Forest Avenue. A 45-year-old man told officers that sometime between 3:30 and 8 p.m. Saturday someone broke into his home through an unlocked window. The victim said a 47-inch TV and some jewelry was taken.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1000 block of Portage Road at 8:15 p.m. Saturday. Leonard John Nowak, 44, 442 23rd St., Apt. B, was charged with petit larceny. He is accused of taking $55 worth of steak.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after creating a disturbance in a fast food restaurant in the 1000 block of Portage Road at 7:45 p.m. Saturday. Donald Gerald Grimaldi, 45, 423 Sixth St., Apt. 301, was charged with disorderly conduct and restricted use of alcohol in a public place.