• THEFT: Falls police were called to a business on the 8700 block of Buffalo Avenue for a report of stolen steel grates. An employee said three steel grates set in concrete over windows were taken. The estimated loss is $600.
• THEFT: An employee of a company on the 4800 block of Wilton Avenue reported that sometime between Saturday and Tuesday someone took scrap aluminum and two steel beams from the property. The loss is estimated at $1,350.
• INCIDENT: An employee of an auto parts business told Falls police he was driving in a company vehicle about 1 p.m. Monday in the area of Lockport Street and Ontario Avenue when he heard something strike the vehicle. When he stopped, he discovered that the vehicle had been shot in a side panel. Officers noted it could've been a small caliber gun or a high-powered pellet gun.
• MARIJUANA: Michael K. Heinz, 49, 2561 Hess Road, Appleton was charged Sunday with driving while intoxicated and unlawful possession of marijuana. Niagara County Sheriff's deputies said a caller reported a person was sleeping in his vehicle on Main Street until he fell out of the vehicle and walked into a nearby store. A person at that store said the man smelled like alcohol. Deputies said the man was identified as Heinz, who later was seen by deputies driving and swerving over the fog line. Heinz was pulled over and a container with a green leafy substance was found by deputies in the vehicle. Heinz refused field sobriety and breath tests.
• DWI: Nicholas M. Orlando, 31, 6541 East Lake Road, Appleton was charged Sunday with DWI. A woman reported to deputies Orlando had driven through a stop sign on Ketchum Avenue, which forced her to run her vehicle off the road. When asked, Orlando reportedly said he didn't see the woman. Deputies said Orlando failed three of five field sobriety tests.