Four charged with underage alcohol sales
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with the New York State Police and the New York State Liquor Authority, led a countywide underage alcohol enforcement detail Thursday afternoon. A total of 20 stores were checked by deputies, troopers, Liquor Authority agents and underage operatives. Sixteen did not allow any alcohol sales.
Arrested during this detail were:
• Russel G. Stewart II, 29, of Niagara Falls, an employee of Hyde Park Mini Mart in Niagara Falls
• Dawn A. Blair, 32, of Lockport, an employee of Kenyon’s Variety on Lincoln Avenue
• Kayla M. Knight, 19, of Lockport, an employee of The Corner Store in Lockport
• Donald B. Snell, 68, of Gasport, an employee of Snell’s Service in Gasport
All four were charged with first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child and prohibited sales.
• SHOOTING: Police are looking for a suspect in a shooting in the 600 block of 23rd Street at around 2:10 p.m. Thursday. A 21-year-old man told officers he was walking in the 600 block between 23rd and 24th streets when a male suspect he knows pulled out a small caliber handgun and fired at him at close range. The victim said he was not hit and ran from the alley. The victim told police his gang affiliation may have triggered the shooting.
• HARASSMENT: Mark D. Probst, no address given, was charged with second-degree harassment Sunday morning following an argument over a fishing spot, according to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office. An Ohio man said Probst struck him in the face following the argument. Deputies said the Ohio man sustained a cut over his left eye, which was attended to by EMS personnel at the scene. Probst told deputies the Ohio man had entered into his fishing area and wouldn’t leave.
• THEFT: An Upper Mountain Road man reported to sheriff’s deputies on Saturday that someone took a 2002 Honda XR 650R motorcycle that had been chained to his back deck. The man said he thinks there is a connection between a call he received Friday from an ex-friend and the theft. The victim said he had not heard from the former friend in some time before the call.