NIAGARA FALLS —
Falls man charged at canal concert
Ten people, including a Niagara Falls man, were arrested and face charges relating to disturbances around the Molson Canal Concert series featuring Queensryche on Friday.
Lockport police and Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a fight on Walnut Street at 12:55 a.m. Saturday. According to the sheriff’s department report, the patrols found several people actively fighting.
Daniel J. Fuhrman, 43, 476 71st St., Niagara Falls, was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and obstruction of governmental administration.
Police used a Taser on Fuhrman who was fighting with another man.
• RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT: Police were called to the 2200 block of South Avenue at 4:30 p.m. Friday after a person noticed bullet holes in the siding of the house. The victim said they heard loud bangs around 8 p.m. Monday, but thought it was fireworks. They then heard a vehicle drive away. On Friday, however, the victim noticed holes and a bullet casing in the sidiing.
• BURGLARY: At 1:12 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a burglary in progress in the 600 block of 12th Street. A person told police they were checking on a relative’s residence when they saw a person exiting the home. The suspect fled. The person noticed that the electrical wire was torn from the walls of the home. Police found burglar tools in the basement and west yard of the residence. Damage was estimated at $1,698.
• GRAND LARCENY: A Ward Road woman reported jewelry, valued at $1,750, was missing from her home. The last time the missing jewelry was seen was approximately two months ago. It was noticed missing on Aug. 4. The jewelry included gold chains, earrings and rings.
• DWI: Deborah L. Campbell, 52, 9309 Champlain Ave., Niagara Falls, was charged with DWI, no turn signal and inadequate headlights following a traffic stop on River Road shortly after midnight Saturday. Campbell’s blood alcohol content was measured at 0.15 percent following a breath test. She is being held in lieu of $250 bail.
NIAGARA FALLS —
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 22
A Falls man was arrested on a weapons-related charge after he threatened a group of teens with a rifle in the 2400 block of Grand Avenue at around 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 21
Thomas G. Case, 24, 2125 Lockport St., and Sean C. Flores, 25, 1034 Michigan Ave., were each charged with unlawful possession of marijuana about 7:30 p.m. Friday, according to sheriff's deputies.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 20
Police are looking for a suspect in an assault in the 700 block of Spruce Avenue.
FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published July 19
For the period of July 7 to 13, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 145 calls. The total number of service calls for 2014 to date is 3,544. The following calls were reported:
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 19
Police are investigating a robbery in the area of 13h Street and Pierce Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 18
Police are investigating a theft from a vending machine at the Seneca Niagara Casino.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 17
A resident on the 1900 block of Whitney Avenue told police that they were awoken by a neighbor about 10 p.m. Monday and told two men had just ran from her yard pushing a shopping cart.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 16
A deputy was called to Saunders Settlement Road by a witness who said they were following a vehicle whose occupants had just dumped branches onto the shoulder of Blacknose Spring Road.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 15
Sheriff's deputies were called to Niagara Falls Boulevard Monday for a report of a stolen ATV.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 14
A Niagara Parks Police officer was taken to hospital as a precaution after running into difficulty during a training exercise in the Niagara River on Saturday.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published July 22