Niagara Gazette

Police Reports

September 2, 2013

FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published Aug. 31

For the period of Aug. 12 to 25, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 249 calls. The total number of service calls for 2013 to date is 4,337.

• FIRE: On Aug. 13, Platoon 2 responded, at 7:16 p.m., to a report of a kitchen fire in an apartment in the 8300 block of Buffalo Avenue. Unattended cooking was the cause of the fire that spread to the cupboards and resulted in $500 damage.

• FIRST AID: On Aug. 14, Engine 9, with Capt. Jeffrey Meacham and Firefighters Chris Bielec and Brian McCormick, went to the 8000 block of Stephenson Avenue, at 6:38 p.m., for a call of a man going into anaphylactic shock from a bee sting. Firefighters used an “epi-pen” to inject epinephrene to the patient to alleviate a potential life-threatening allergic reaction. The patient was then transported to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center for further evaluation.

• FIRE: On Aug. 15, a golf cart stolen from the Hyde Park Course was found, at 5:45 a.m., on fire in a nearby field. Engine 8 was sent to extinguish the remains of the cart. The cart was a total loss, valued at $3,500.

• FIRE: On Aug. 16, Engine 3 responded, at 9:58 p.m., to a car fire in the 1600 block of Linwood Avenue. The fire, in a 2002 Chevy Impala, appeared to be intentionally set and remains under investigation. Damage was pegged at $1,700.

• FIRE: On Aug. 22, another stolen golf cart was found, at 2:03 a.m., on fire in the 2300 block of 24th Street. Engine 3 extinguished the fire, but the cart was a total loss, valued at $3,500. Police and fire investigators have increased their surveillance of the golf cart storage area at Hyde Park.

• FIRE: On Aug. 22, Platoon 1 was sent, at 5:51 p.m., to the 300 block of 38th Street for a structure fire. The resident of the home had been cooking on a grill in an enclosed porch and a short time later a fire broke out and spread to the rest of the house. Damage to the house and contents was listed at $37,000. A reminder, when grilling, always do it at a safe distance from your house.

• FIRE: On Aug. 24, a fire in a dryer, at 4:52 p.m., at a laundromat in the 7300 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard dispatched Platoon 3 to the scene. A large amount of lint build-up inside the dryer was the reason for the fire. The fire destroyed all the clothes in the dryer and damaged the unit itself.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
Featured Ads
House Ads
AP Video
Raw: Gunmen Attack Iraqi Prison Convoy Plane Leaves Ukraine With More Crash Victims The Rock Brings Star Power to Premiere Raw: Families Travel to Taiwan Plane Crash Site Arizona Execution Takes Almost Two Hours Gen. Odierno Discusses Ukraine, NATO at Forum Gaza Fighting Rages Amid Cease-Fire Efforts Mint Gives JFK Coin a Face-lift Creative Makeovers for Ugly Cellphone Towers Ariz. Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return
Opinion
House Ads
Night & Day
Twitter News
Follow us on twitter
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Front page